Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, SoCalNiner said:

I want him bad. I initially thought a 2nd too, but Dallas screwed that up by giving a 1st for Amari. They also take a huge hit by trading him after June 2019, but I'm all for giving next year's 1st in June. 

They take a huge hit no matter what. It's 21 million in dead money regardless because of the bonus prorations

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

They're either hoping that dysfunction will be entertaining, or they'll luckily stroke gold and pick the biggest cinderella story ever.

This is exactly it. I believe if you make the playoffs you can't be picked unless you voluntarily choose to do so. Raiders are definitely a prime candidate for next Hard Knocks. 

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

They take a huge hit no matter what. It's 21 million in dead money regardless because of the bonus prorations

Per the New York Post, the cap hit is only $7M if the trade happens after June 1st. In that scenario, I happily offer 2020's 1st, because I would have to assume we would have our pass rusher by then.

52 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Per the New York Post, the cap hit is only $7M if the trade happens after June 1st. In that scenario, I happily offer 2020's 1st, because I would have to assume we would have our pass rusher by then.

That's just them spreading it out. They'd take on 14 million the following year. 

Regardless of how it happens, it's 21 million in dead money total

3 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

For Mullens - straight up

Haha. I imagine it would be similar to what we were willing to do this year. I Think we were unwilling to put our top 10 pick in hte mix, but were willing to give them the following year's number 1. I imagine it would be similar. We would give them like a 2 this year and then next season's number 1. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Haha. I imagine it would be similar to what we were willing to do this year. I Think we were unwilling to put our top 10 pick in hte mix, but were willing to give them the following year's number 1. I imagine it would be similar. We would give them like a 2 this year and then next season's number 1. 

I do think it would be for next years 1st with that June 1st date for a lesser cap hit. 

27 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

For Mullens - straight up

But man I thought Mullens for Ramsey is what we're going for??? The Steelers do need a QB of the future so I guess Mullens for Brown may a possibility as well. 

Either way, Mullens gotta bring us back Ramsey, OBJ or AB. If not? Complete failure of an offseason!