Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

I wouldn't mind bringing in an experienced position coach who could unofficially be a co-DC. For the time being, I feel like our best defensive coach is Richard Sherman.

The position coaches were more or less what I was wanting to see some change over on as well. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The position coaches were more or less what I was wanting to see some change over on as well. 

Same. I said earlier this year that with as low as the talent depth is, we might need Saleh as a scapegoat for 2019 if it goes south. If Shanahan got rid of him this year, he's likely next on the chopping block. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Well it looks like you will NOT be getting your wish 

https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Kyle-Shanahan-2019-staff-changes-127117888/Amp/

Pretty concerning actually, no reason to say this right now. Take a little bit of time off, watch some film, speak to some coaches/players and make some calls around the league. Take stock of who is out there and make a move if you see somewhere to upgrade. 

To be fair he said that he would see who is out there. He mentions BB might be available to come be a DC (lol) 

46 minutes ago, N4L said:

Well it looks like you will NOT be getting your wish 

https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Article/Kyle-Shanahan-2019-staff-changes-127117888/Amp/

Pretty concerning actually, no reason to say this right now. Take a little bit of time off, watch some film, speak to some coaches/players and make some calls around the league. Take stock of who is out there and make a move if you see somewhere to upgrade. 

To be fair he said that he would see who is out there. He mentions BB might be available to come be a DC (lol) 

The only reason you fire a coach today is if you feel 100% he isn't fit for his job. If you feel you have a average guy you keep him until you feel pretty strongly you have an upgrade locked up. Saying now we want to upgrade at some positions only gets you in trouble with your own staff and really brings nothing positive. Like he said if an upgrade is available they would go for it but just change for change sake is the worst thing you can do.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Hehe. Unfortunately, we are going to be a prime candidate for it, I'm pretty sure. Maybe they'll choose the Raiders. 

We were lucky to avoid it last year. 

The NFL and the 49ers are going to be negotiating on two major topics this offseason:

1) Letting the Raiders play at Levis for a year. It makes a lot of sense on paper to those who are not directly involved in the situation, but 49ers fans would essentially unanimously hate the decision. It would really mess up our home schedule next year having to accommodate for Mark Davis' feud with The City of Oakland and it would also feel dirty. Like your sister sleeping with some gross dirty dude lol NO THANKS

2) Being on Hard Knocks

There is just no scenario where Jed freaking York wins both arguments without some sort of concession from this team. Its just not possible, he doesnt have enough clout with other owners. If we all know hes a sniveling pompous little human how do you think the rest of the billionaire boys club treats him?? 

I just really hate the idea of every opposing teams having intimate knowledge of our personnel and having a camera crew at literally every single team practice, meeting, film session etc. No team that has every been on hardknocks has made the playoffs, to the best of my knowledge. If that is factually incorrect, please let me know lol 

Hard Knocks is the kiss of death, Id rather avoid it altogether if possible, so I guess let those Raider Hooligans into the Levis for 8 regular season games? gross lol 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Brace yourselves for the Antonio Brown to the 49ers talk.  After the reports about his issues with Pittsburgh Kittle tweeted "sup" and Brown responded with a star eyed smiley.... And sites are running with it.

I want no parts of AB84 associated with this team. As talented as he is, dude is a certified diva with a me-first attitude. I could never support a player who literally walked out on his team the week before a must-win game and basically fored them to not play him. This offense will get by just fine without him. Let him go somewhere else and be a headcase. It's all roses until his blowing up on the sideline@Jimmy G because he targeted Kittle instead of him....no thank you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I want no parts of AB84 associated with this team. As talented as he is, dude is a certified diva with a me-first attitude. I could never support a player who literally walked out on his team the week before a must-win game and basically fored them to not play him. This offense will get by just fine without him. Let him go somewhere else and be a headcase. It's all roses until his blowing up on the sideline@Jimmy G because he targeted Kittle instead of him....no thank you.

Sorry you feel that way. 

As for myself? Bring an AB!!!! Come on Pitt, accept that 2nd round pick! 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

We were lucky to avoid it last year. 

The NFL and the 49ers are going to be negotiating on two major topics this offseason:

1) Letting the Raiders play at Levis for a year. It makes a lot of sense on paper to those who are not directly involved in the situation, but 49ers fans would essentially unanimously hate the decision. It would really mess up our home schedule next year having to accommodate for Mark Davis' feud with The City of Oakland and it would also feel dirty. Like your sister sleeping with some gross dirty dude lol NO THANKS

2) Being on Hard Knocks

There is just no scenario where Jed freaking York wins both arguments without some sort of concession from this team. Its just not possible, he doesnt have enough clout with other owners. If we all know hes a sniveling pompous little human how do you think the rest of the billionaire boys club treats him?? 

I just really hate the idea of every opposing teams having intimate knowledge of our personnel and having a camera crew at literally every single team practice, meeting, film session etc. No team that has every been on hardknocks has made the playoffs, to the best of my knowledge. If that is factually incorrect, please let me know lol 

Hard Knocks is the kiss of death, Id rather avoid it altogether if possible, so I guess let those Raider Hooligans into the Levis for 8 regular season games? gross lol 

Do people even like Hard Knocks? It's kinda boring. I feel like the NFL likes it more than NFL fans do. They should just cancel it forever.

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's not true that no team on Hard Knocks has made the playoffs. I know for sure the Bengals did. 

But I mean look at some of the teams they chose. Did anyone think the Browns were going to make the playoffs? 

They're either hoping that dysfunction will be entertaining, or they'll luckily stroke gold and pick the biggest cinderella story ever.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sorry you feel that way. 

As for myself? Bring an AB!!!! Come on Pitt, accept that 2nd round pick! 

I want him bad. I initially thought a 2nd too, but Dallas screwed that up by giving a 1st for Amari. They also take a huge hit by trading him after June 2019, but I'm all for giving next year's 1st in June.