Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

RXD7H6AZDYXYPPKY3CRIVC6DYA.jpg

san-francisco-49ers-offensive-coordinato

Would LOVE if we brought these unis back once a year. We were just so God-awful most of the years we wore these, I think brings back bad memories, for fans and the organization alike. But I just always liked the look. Just brighten up that red and its a easy win for me...

Would have to be a similar version, not the actual uniforms. NFL no longer allows different base color to helmets. So it would essentially be an entirely new set of colors. But the striping and everything (including colored facemask) could return. 

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Would have to be a similar version, not the actual uniforms. NFL no longer allows different base color to helmets. So it would essentially be an entirely new set of colors. But the striping and everything (including colored facemask) could return. 

I don't follow....what's wrong with the helmets?

Only uniform I ever liked for the squad. Beautiful. :D Too bad with the form fitting jerseys of today, the sleeves are cut so you really can't see the stripes when the players wear them. The numbers are also on the shoulders now. Would at least like to see the striped socks return. 

959b829e8f31eaed2b7f10d803b9f8e9.jpg

Even though I think the 1994 uniforms were hideous, I was happy to at least see the attention to detail on the helmets with the pre-1996 logo intact. Nice touch. Would like to go back to that one. 

4523394907001_5977760628001_597775194700

Edited by PapaShogun

Breakdown video from Performance Lab of California regarding Jimmy G's throwing motion. Interesting. It was made in 2017 a little after Jimmy was acquired. I was surprised I hadn't seen it before. There are other interesting videos done on other quarterbacks, including some HOF guys. I really liked Warren Moon's video since I always thought he threw the ball cool, like he was trying to scratch an itch on his back. You may want to check out the other content if you like this video.

https://www.49ers.com/news/joe-staley-mike-mcglinchey-kyle-juszczyk-to-return-in-week-10

I don't remember seeing this anywhere, but apparently Staley, McGlinchey, and Juszczyk will all be back for MNF against the Seahawks. Witherspoon's foot must be more serious than originally thought.

Edited by NinerNation21

10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I like the '46-'67 logo...seriously! That's pretty cool. I never knew that. I only saw the SF all these years...

There are some really fun logos from that time period, with the AAFC teams specifically. Here is the Browns logo from then:

387.gif

If they still used it, I would take them a lot more seriously than their current "our helmet is our logo" nonsense. 

20 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

There are some really fun logos from that time period, with the AAFC teams specifically. Here is the Browns logo from then:

387.gif

If they still used it, I would take them a lot more seriously than their current "our helmet is our logo" nonsense. 

No kidding!? That is cool, too. Never knew that.

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

387.gif

ahaaahaaaahaa!!!! That's awesome and adorable looking. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

:x

Did I mention.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................?

:P

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

That would be one hell of a season. For context, here is where this would rank compared to 2018 numbers:

QB Pressures: 87 - 3rd in NFL 

QB Hurries: 55 - 1st in NFL

QB Hits: 30 - 4th in NFL

Tackles for Loss: 25 - 1st in NFL

Sacks: 16 - 2nd in NFL

Aaron Donald ranked 1st in all of these categories in 2018. If Bosa kept this pace up all season. He'd be an All-Pro, Pro-Bowler, DRoY, and on the shortlist for DPoY.

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 1