Combine Time

Leader

I'm glad everyone's back on the Landry bandwagon. Hes been my top edge in this class especially when you look at last years film. Neither of these comparisons are spot on, but Chubb is more Nick Perry and Landry is more Clay Matthews. When at their best, Perry is a good edge, and Matthews is a game changer.

1 minute ago, DocHambone said:

I'm glad everyone's back on the Landry bandwagon. Hes been my top edge in this class especially when you look at last years film. Neither of these comparisons are spot on, but Chubb is more Nick Perry and Landry is more Clay Matthews. When at their best, Perry is a good edge, and Matthews is a game changer.

I liked Landry and Davenport. Wasn't as blown away by Davenport's explosion (not bad, by any means) and was actually a bit surprised by his straight line speed. Landry tested well overall.

54 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

When you see 9 LBs with a time under 4.6 and 12 under 4.7 (13 if Landry is a 4.6 guy), you know linebackers are getting faster. Time was when only a handful ran in the 4.6's. Anywhere you take a step in that stadium, you fall over a quick guy.

Defenses are getting faster, except ones where Ted Thompson was GM. Lol.

King and Jones were a step in the right direction for us, now it's time to get the LBs/EDGE guys with a bit more juice.

I'm sorry, but I'm taking Griffin in the 2nd. I loved his brother coming out last year and was quite disappointed that we didn't draft him. I don't care about the one-hand thing either. Dude's got a nose for the ball and can be the Swiss Army Knife Burnett has been for us if we choose to let him walk.

We'd be dumb not to have a go at him...

2 hours ago, moretti19 said:

I wonder what teams think of Key, if he is at our 2nd pick he would be great value.

Key looked much better running around today at 240 than he did trying to be 265. He wasn't explosive though. Will be interested to see him at his Pro Day. If he's between 245-250 and can stay around the 7.1 3 Cone he had and add to the vert, I'll be quite interested in round 2.

15 hours ago, cannondale said:

I just wish Landry was 2" taller with longer arms

The NFL uses stretching machines which assist in this regard - albeit temporarily - eventually the player (read: human) reverts to his normal size.

(Just kidding....)

You know you've got too many things on your mind when you encounter the following: Shaquem Griffin was said to have surprised a bunch of folks at the Combine doing bench presses.

My thought: "How does a guy with one hand do a bench press (?) I'll have to read about that....."
At which point I have the obvious "Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh moment" and find out the obvious - he put a prosthetic hand on his arm.

Sometimes the answer is hiding in plain sight right under your nose.

Archived