Combine Time

Leader

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Davenport too. Worried about Tampa for him now.

Is this a thing to be worried about?  I kinda think the Packers wouldn't be in on Davenport even if he was there at 14.  Since the previous administration assiduously avoided small school guys (By conference our 1st round picks were Pac, B1G, SEC, ACC, Pac, B1G, SEC, Pac, Pac, SEC, Pac, Pac, with high seconds going to a Big 12 and a Pac-12 prospect interspersed.)  Sure, Gute is his own man, but a Roadrunner in the top 15 is a big departure.

It wouldn't be wholly surprising to me if they would take Landry over Davenport if both guys are there.  I think Landry is the kind of guy they key on- Green Bay is big on guys whose penultimate college season was better than the latest one (Harrell, HHCD, for example) seeing it as a market inefficiency that can be exploited.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Is this a thing to be worried about?  I kinda think the Packers wouldn't be in on Davenport even if he was there at 14.  Since the previous administration assiduously avoided small school guys (By conference our 1st round picks were Pac, B1G, SEC, ACC, Pac, B1G, SEC, Pac, Pac, SEC, Pac, Pac, with high seconds going to a Big 12 and a Pac-12 prospect interspersed.)  Sure, Gute is his own man, but a Roadrunner in the top 15 is a big departure.

It wouldn't be wholly surprising to me if they would take Landry over Davenport if both guys are there.  I think Landry is the kind of guy they key on- Green Bay is big on guys whose penultimate college season was better than the latest one (Harrell, HHCD, for example) seeing it as a market inefficiency that can be exploited.

I don't look at the schools, we took a DB from Bethune Cookman in Rd 2.

If your FO is not taking guys who demonstrate all the ability to be a great football players because of the school you went to, your team probably sucks.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If your FO is not taking guys who demonstrate all the ability to be a great football players because of the school you went to, your team probably sucks.

I watched this the other day, I really forgot how good he was. Total stud. 

Miss him... 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I feel like the second round is a different animal just because the guy you take round 1 is the guy you have to answer the most questions about.  It's certainly not that you can't get great players from anywhere, but you want to avoid risks with that first round pick (because there are always less risky guys you could take instead).  So level of competition is absolutely a thing you worry about with Davenport, whereas Boston College at least plays FSU and Clemson every year.

Not saying you can't resolve those questions, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Davenport falls much further than  the early mocks had him.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like the second round is a different animal just because the guy you take round 1 is the guy you have to answer the most questions about.  It's certainly not that you can't get great players from anywhere, but you want to avoid risks with that first round pick (because there are always less risky guys you could take instead).  So level of competition is absolutely a thing you worry about with Davenport, whereas Boston College at least plays FSU and Clemson every year.

Not saying you can't resolve those questions, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Davenport falls much further than  the early mocks had him.

He won't. The NFL is different. He's a 6'7 guy who just ran under 4.6 and has college production. Add in the fact he plays the most important defensive position and he's not falling past 14.

UPDATED: 40 times of linebackers everyone is keying in on here:

Carter with an unofficial 4.46

Edmunds with an unofficial 4.55

Griffin with an unofficial 4.38

Jewell with an unofficial 4.88

Nwose with an unofficial 4.65

Okoronkwo with an unofficial 4.89

Roquan with an unofficial 4.52

Vander Esch with an unofficial 4.66

Note: Will update as others run

3 hours ago, tredpack said:

Gesicki’s speed is so odd. He doesn’t look that nimble, the 40 was a surprise. But the 3 cone? That’s just plain crazy. Maybe I’m wrong but that doesn’t show up in any of the games I’ve seen.

What was Gronk's 40? I'm always amazed how that ogre gets the separation he routinely does. 

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm with you on this. Listening to someone speak is one of the things I pay closest attention to. For every position, but especially QB. 

And according to one GM Jackson came in last among the big name QB's at the white board. Shocker. Two plus two will equal four no matter how many Michael Vick highlights are dancing in your head

Archived