Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

Would be idiotic to take 2 QB's when you will be receiving huge trade up packages to move out of the pick.  I would think those trade up packages would surpass any future trade options they would get for the 2nd QB they drafted.  Just look at the small amount Jimmy G got

Spot on right there.  BUF will give up a ton to get to 4.

30 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Fun Fact: Picks 1-253 are for sale.

Kidding.  I'm assuming this means they aren't looking for a QB. Or suspect the QB they want will be gone, so they are willing to trade down...

Which I do find somewhat interesting, because Nelson should be staring them in the fact at #5. They could still use that in a big way. So either they aren't super high on nelson in comparison to other prospects, don't like his fit, or don't like a guard at #5. 

They're totally going to end up drafting Denzel Ward at 5. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Which I do find somewhat interesting, because Nelson should be staring them in the fact at #5. They could still use that in a big way. So either they aren't super high on nelson in comparison to other prospects, don't like his fit, or don't like a guard at #5

They're totally going to end up drafting Denzel Ward at 5. 

My guess is the bold.  Read a quote recently from one of those anonymous NFL sources that went "I can find a guard at the local grocery store".

I disagree, but that's the mentality...

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

My guess is the bold.  Read a quote recently from one of those anonymous NFL sources that went "I can find a guard at the local grocery store".

Idiotic way of thinking.  Scherff has been a Guardsend for us.

... I'll see my way out.

6 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Idiotic way of thinking.  Scherff has been a Guardsend for us.

... I'll see my way out.

He hasn't translated to more wins, or a better running game for that matter.  Guards just don't impact the game that much.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He hasn't translated to more wins, or a better running game for that matter.  Guards just don't impact the game that much.

Huh?  2014 record: 4-12; 2015 record: 9-7.  

And Scherff is a big reason Cousins stopped tossing out picks like lollipops a year later.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Ummm, so Cousins played well in 2014?  He started 5 games and Robert started 7.  They were both a big part of that terrible record.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you.  

The fact remains, Guards are one of the least impactful positions in all of football.  

6 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Which is dumb imo. The Pats can only offer the 22 and 31 while the Bills can offer the 12th and 21st so it's really not close.

I agree with personal relationships if the difference is a 2nd or 3rd but there's no chance that a team doesn't call Buffalo and say "the Pats are offering both of there 1st, if you want to come up, we're going to need 12 and 21".

You'd be a bad GM if you didn't call Buffalo after every trade offer from every team because they can offer the best package in the draft.

12th and 21st overall

(2) 2nd round picks

(2) 3rd round picks.

I agree, but thought I'd just toss that out there.  It always feels like the Patriots get whatever they want anyway

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not going to argue semantics with you.  

The fact remains, Guards are one of the least impactful positions in all of football.  

Semantics?  You claimed guards don't translate to more wins.  The improvement in wins from 2014 to 2015, and the transformation of Cousins as a QB from not facing constant interior pressure clearly proves that claim false.  Not saying Scherff was solely responsible (no one factor was), just that he played a big part.

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Semantics?  You claimed guards don't translate to more wins.  The improvement in wins from 2014 to 2015, and the transformation of Cousins as a QB from not facing constant interior pressure clearly proves that claim false.  Not saying Scherff was solely responsible (no one factor was), just that he played a big part.

There are a lot of reasons why the Redskins improved from 2014-2015.  One of them being simply regression to the mean.  The team has been borderline .500 Scherff's entire time with the team.  A good Guard is nice to have, but it obviously doesn't lead to championships.  

Archived