Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

If we're going by rumors the first 3 picks should be:

1. Browns - Darnold
  2. Giants - Barkley
  3. Jets - Mayfield

Then it gets interesting.  Do the Bills trade up to #4 to get Rosen/Allen?  I think they would seeing as how they already traded up to #12...

Year in and year out, the NFL has taught us not to go by rumor when it comes to the top 5. No one expected CHI to take Trubisky, let alone trade up for him, and for Corey Davis to go before Jamal Adams. No one (or very few) had Joey Bosa being the first non-QB taken in 2016. No one (or very few) had Leonard Williams falling out of the top 5 in 2015. 

Every year they find a way to surprise us. The one way I can see it happening this year is Allen going 1 with a trade at 2 (possibly Jets-Giants swapping picks for Darnold, and Barkley going 3rd); maybe even Darnold falling to 3 outright. In that scenario, the draft could look like... 

1. CLE: QB Allen
  2. NYJ: QB Darnold (or vice versa) 
  3. NYG: RB Barkley (or vice versa) 
  4. CLE: DE Chubb
  5. TRADE/QB?...

Either way, I'm starting to believe the speculation that Mayfield will be a Jet at 3 unless Darnold is available at 2/3... then the draft is thrown into chaos. 

Just based on rumors the top 10 looks like:

1. CLE: SDarnold

2. NYG: Barkley

3. NYJ: Baker

4. CLE: Chubb 

5. BUF via DEN: JAllen

6. MIA via IND: JRosen

7. TB: Ward/Nelson/Derwin

8. CHI: Nelson

9. SF: Edmunds or Roquan

10. OAK: Edmunds or Roquan w/ Davenport as a sleeper

Regarding the Baker Mayfield the Jets rumors something seems fishy.  The Jets have such an extreme incentive to make sure their pick doesnt leak out as any QB needy team can trade up in front of them and take their guy.  I don't understand how they could let it get out that they want Baker if it's actually true.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Lot of Rosen - Patriots chatter

Tbh I don't see how that happens unless the Bills trade up to #1 or #2 for Allen/Rosen.

Bills pick 12 and supposedly really like Rosen; there's nothing the Pats can offer that the Bills can't.

So unless the Bills move up and take someone else, I don't see how the Pats can get in front of Buffalo and get Rosen.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Lot of Rosen - Patriots chatter

5 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

It makes for a good story.  Ties back to ESPN's 'Brady didn't really really double pinky swear that he's coming back next season' theme...

With the Jets, Bills, Browns and Broncos all looking for QB, the AFC should be ashamed of itself if it somehow let Josh Rosen find his way to the Pats.   All 4 of those teams have the ammo to shut BB out of the top 4 QB's.  

I still won't believe the Pats will trade up into the top 10 to get a QB, it's not their MO at all.   But I would also point out the above too if someone in the top 4 QB's this draft was allowed to fall far enough down to let BB get him.  

18 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Tbh I don't see how that happens unless the Bills trade up to #1 or #2 for Allen/Rosen.

Bills pick 12 and supposedly really like Rosen; there's nothing the Pats can offer that the Bills can't.

So unless the Bills move up and take someone else, I don't see how the Pats can get in front of Buffalo and get Rosen.

Not saying it's likely at all but it's definitely possible:

1. CLE: Darnold

and then New England can trade up anywhere between 6-10 for Rosen.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I feel like the whole Jets/Baker thing could end up being a huge smoke screen. At one point I know they had done more homework on Allen then any other team. 

Thats probably why they want Mayfield. 

47 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Not saying it's likely at all but it's definitely possible:

1. CLE: Darnold

and then New England can trade up anywhere between 6-10 for Rosen.

I would agree. Definitely possible. Improbable, but possible. I definitely don't think that all the "quarterback needy" teams are going quarterback, particularly Denver. New England has far more ammunition to grab Rosen than the other teams who may look quarterback (Arizona, for example). 

Im confident the top 3 plays out like this:

Clev - Allen

NYG/Buff - Darnold

Jets - Mayfield 

I believe Dorsey loves Allen and Jets love Mayfield. I also think Gettelman feels like he can go on a Superbowl run with Eli, which makes me a little uncertain on them taking a QB but ultimately Darnold will be too good to pass up on. 

3 minutes ago, jarren said:

Im confident the top 3 plays out like this:

Clev - Allen

NYG/Buff - Darnold

Jets - Mayfield 

I believe Dorsey loves Allen and Jets love Mayfield. I also think Gettelman feels like he can go on a Superbowl run with Eli, which makes me a little uncertain on them taking a QB but ultimately Darnold will be too good to pass up on. 

This would be a my dream come true if Buffalo could get to 2 for Darnold.

Archived