Panthers Cut Jonathan Stewart

gopherwrestler

Has there ever been such a mediocre RB have such a prolonged career with one team?  I mean I get that he was drafted into a weird situation with Deangelo Williams already on the roster, but look as these career stats for Stewart:

- He surpassed 1,000 rushing only once in 10 seasons, and that was in 2009.

- He has double digit rushing TDs only twice, way back in 2008 & 2009.  

- He averaged more than 5.0 rushing yards in a season only twice, and  4.5+ only 4 times. 

- He surpassed 200 receiving yards in a season only once.  

- He never had more than 1 receiving TD in any season. 

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Has there ever been such a mediocre RB have such a prolonged career with one team?  I mean I get that he was drafted into a weird situation with Deangelo Williams already on the roster, but look as these career stats for Stewart:

- He surpassed 1,000 rushing only once in 10 seasons, and that was in 2009.

- He has double digit rushing TDs only twice, way back in 2008 & 2009.  

- He averaged more than 5.0 rushing yards in a season only twice, and  4.5+ only 4 times. 

- He surpassed 200 receiving yards in a season only once.  

- He never had more than 1 receiving TD in any season. 

You know, I've always wondered why they kept him for so long. He's not that great. I don't hate him I just think he was the definition of an average RB.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

They going to try and make McCaffrey an every down back, or use him the same and sign/draft someone to be the primary?

No McCaffrey wont be the every down back, world is that if Crowell becomes available we may go after him. If not we will get someone in the draft.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

They should move Curtis Samuel to RB and have them split carries.

I still don't understand why they drafted both of them.

Samuels was drafted more as a WR, to keep the other teams D from double teaming Funchess all the time. Samuel can play the X ,Y, Z plus spell in at RB if needed.

Archived