The Coaches Want Rosen at 1?, & Other Serious Browns Draft Rumblings

Mind Character

3 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

I think the Browns are in a great position with 1 and 4 and if they play free agency and the draft correctly could make a quick turnaround.

In free agency I'd definitely target Trey Burton, who any time was asked to make a play in Philly came through and is a mismatch nightmare.  

I know that Hue is high on AJ McCarron, and as long as he's a guy to help groom the QBOTF and start the season than that's another signing.

Also bring back Pryor and pair him with Gordon and hopefully Coleman can get healthy and stick him in the slot.

Take Barkley at 1 (oh no don't take a RB at number 1, right? Wrong!) In my opinion the top 3 Qbs in this class have huge ability (Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen) and you'e guaranteed one of them at 4. In the second target a RT and then fill out your defense with your remaining selections in the second and third.

Just an outsiders perspective, but I'm fascinated by what the Browns do this offseason.

I'm working on an off season and Burton is in it. Great minds think a lot alike.

18 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

fascinating read

What we are trying to do won't be in focus until after free agency, and is probably contingent on who we can pick up in free agency.  I have no problem philosophically with drafting another DE high even though we have Garrett and Ogbah.  However Chubb being our guy seems implausible to me on the surface.  The only nightmare selecting a QB #1 is that the guy will be Josh Allen and there's no mention of that here.  I'm way higher on Rosen after the combine and dismissing his lack of desire to play here; he seems like the surest thing once again.

If we pick up McCarron I think the possibility no QB will be selected by us in round 1 exists.  Hue likes him a lot and he's supposedly better than we give him credit for.  I don't think the Kizer experiment it totally squashed either.

Great post. I keep wondering about AJ McCarron as well and whether or not he is promised upon signing that we won't grab a QB high(?).  And I'm also curious what Kizer will look like after that brutal rookie year. really comes down to how we see Ogbah moving forward. Chubb looks like he could be great. This makes me feel better about the idea of grabbing QB at 1 and whomever is left between Chubb and Barkley, assuming we don't trade down. I like the idea of trading down to six if see Nelson at LT.

47 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Well if the coaches want Rosen and the FO wants Darnold the solution is simple

Fire the coaches.

That's not the scenario.

The Coaches, Wolf, and Berry have Rosen 1, Darnold 2, Jackson/Mayfield 3...

Dorsey, McCloughan, and Highsmith have Mayfield 1, Allen 2, Darnold 3....

Paul DePo & Kovash have it Mayfield 1, Rosen 2, Darnold...

Who do u fire then?

Or better...who is right?

Just now, Mind Character said:

That's not the scenario.

The Coaches, Wolf, and Berry have Rosen 1, Darnold 2, Jackson/Mayfield 3...

Dorsey, McCloughan, and Highsmith have Mayfield 1, Allen 2, Darnold 3....

Paul DePo & Kovash have it Mayfield 1, Rosen 2, Darnold...

Who do u fire then?

Or better...who is right?

Fire them all?

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hey mind did yur boi by any chance “accidentally” leave his baby monitor and “accidentally” listen in on these convos? 

He wore a cheap wig and mustache from the costume shop as well and posed as a janitor and planted baby monitors everywhere...lol.

But seriously it's simple:

1. My b.i.l. used to work for the Giants organization for a long time.

2. He was canned along with others during the personnel dept. turnover when there was a regime change.

3. He still talks regularly with people there that respected his time there.

4. They let him know what their worldclass spycraft dept. has heard coming out of Berea as Cleveland's decision is very important to them.

5. There are a handful of people on the chopping block in Cleveland and one of them is flapping their gums so much angling for future employment/payback that people in the spycraft dept at the Giants have gathered the info they're pitching...vetted it...conveyed it to decision makers on the Giants... per their job...of which a lot of the NYG personnel staff believe it to be true while the head decision maker (Gettleman) and his assistant exec believe it not to be true and just to be misinformation.

6. Info is told to me just like the info on Bears Trading for Trub last year...I come on here an post it in disgust 

Give me Rosen or Donald at 1 and Chubb,Barkley, or James at 4 and ill be happy. If we end up with any two of those guys we’ll be set up nicely for the future. Hell I’d even add Nelson in there if they believe he can be an elite T/G just for the love god don’t take Mayfield,Barkley, or Allen at 1 I love Barkley but I also love Guice or Chubb in the 2nd. 

Joe Thomas:

Thomas also told Gibbs that in regard to the Browns' plans with the No. 1 pick in the draft, "people I've talked to say the consensus is building a little bit that Darnold is sort of the No. 1 guy but no one can really put him in that slot until they see him actually throw because there is some concern about his delivery.''

He also told Gibbs that he believes Bengals backup quarterback AJ McCarron is still the target for a veteran quarterback.

"If I had to guess who's going to end up with the Browns I'd say AJ McCarron is probably the front runner,'' he said, but also mentioned Case Keenum, Sam Bradford or even trading for Nick Foles.

I say, this might be crazy, but I say, let’s take it all with a grain of salt until all the private workouts are completed. Everyone from coaches to FOs will be within arm distances of all the QBs in workouts, Drills, and Interviews. With it all being built around for the browns and not for the combine or a pro day. 

Archived