The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

So Iv had a **** last few days:

With having a new baby on the way and the recent suspension on stamp duty (tax) here in the UK on property we decided to buy our forever home.....

The home we are buying was redeveloped and extended by a builder which meant it was unoccupied. We are only three deep in a chain so thought things would run smoothly. We were told all contracts were signed and that the completion would take place yesterday. Due to Covid we were struggling to get removals so decided to move everything in yesterday without the actual confirmation. Iv know been told by my lawyer that there was a delay and the deal won’t be fully completed until the 11th November. So I have a house with all our stuff in and then another with zero in! And the only one I can live in is the one with nothing!!! 

So back at my mothers; wife and two kids with me!! Couldn’t write it!! 

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

So Iv had a **** last few days:

With having a new baby on the way and the recent suspension on stamp duty (tax) here in the UK on property we decided to buy our forever home.....

The home we are buying was redeveloped and extended by a builder which meant it was unoccupied. We are only three deep in a chain so thought things would run smoothly. We were told all contracts were signed and that the completion would take place yesterday. Due to Covid we were struggling to get removals so decided to move everything in yesterday without the actual confirmation. Iv know been told by my lawyer that there was a delay and the deal won’t be fully completed until the 11th November. So I have a house with all our stuff in and then another with zero in! And the only one I can live in is the one with nothing!!! 

So back at my mothers; wife and two kids with me!! Couldn’t write it!! 

Hey man. Just be thankful you have a healthy family, a mom who is able to welcome you in rent free and have the funds to be able to get a new house.

It's funny you say all this bc Me, my wife and 2 kids are about to go down the same journey. We just moved into my parents 5 days ago. My wife wants us to buy our forever home before my daughter goes to school. So we moved everything besides the stuff we're staging for the house to go on the market this week. Luckily my brother owns 2 airplane hangers and is letting us use one as storage for free. The remodel will cost us around 75K. So we have to stay at my parents for around a year to save up that money for about 6-9 months. And then allow 3-6 months for the actual remodel. It's not as bad as it sounds bc we already spend a ton of time at my parents bc my mom watched my 2 kids for us during the day and my wife has been working from home there (in case my mom needs her for the kids). So it's not much of a change. It will be weird for a year not having that privacy... but it's best for the long term.

Congrats on the new house and the new baby. Best wishes your way my man!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Hey man. Just be thankful you have a healthy family, a mom who is able to welcome you in rent free and have the funds to be able to get a new house.

It's funny you say all this bc Me, my wife and 2 kids are about to go down the same journey. We just moved into my parents 5 days ago. My wife wants us to buy our forever home before my daughter goes to school. So we moved everything besides the stuff we're staging for the house to go on the market this week. Luckily my brother owns 2 airplane hangers and is letting us use one as storage for free. The remodel will cost us around 75K. So we have to stay at my parents for around a year to save up that money for about 6-9 months. And then allow 3-6 months for the actual remodel. It's not as bad as it sounds bc we already spend a ton of time at my parents bc my mom watched my 2 kids for us during the day and my wife has been working from home there (in case my mom needs her for the kids). So it's not much of a change. It will be weird for a year not having that privacy... but it's best for the long term.

Congrats on the new house and the new baby. Best wishes your way my man!!!

Yes mate I’m very very lucky believe me I know that. And 24hrs on it doesn’t feel as bad as it did yesterday. 

With my wife being 21 weeks pregnant and having a full blown meltdown yesterday (1st day of our national lockdown too!) it felt like everything was going wrong but we have some clarity now that Wednesday we will be in officially so that’s good. I think it all happened at once too which meant I couldn’t plan or control anything which was why we were so worried too. 

Similar thing with us we got really lucky as the house we are buying as been massively extended (I can’t even put a shelf up so I’m not good at DIY lol) so we will never have to move again but it’s been very stressful in truth. 

That sounds great....please keep me updated with everything and how your getting on. Nice big place for when we come over for vacation to Dallas and stay with you 😉

Appreciate it mate; baby is due March so got some time to get used to the new house, then Christmas then the baby. Busy year lol!!! 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 5:25 AM, doumeyer said:

When ever i click on any topic I am getting a ton of ads, anybody else getting them?? And i clean the cookies out of my computer every day.

Did you use different browser for first time?   If so, you have to add ad blocker plugins to that browser.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I noticed that few houses already dressed up for Christmas.    Should I follow the tread or can I wait until the Thanksgiving weekend?   I don't want to be a leftfielder here.

I put mine up the day after Halloween. But I love Christmas. I’m no Grinch

• Like 1