The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Glad to see you recovered well. Any side effects?  This whole vaccination thing is pretty tricky. You can’t force people to get the shot, but if the don’t they run the risk of infecting others as a carrier.  Everyone in my family has both Pfizer shots. But until this pandemic dies down completely, we may still avoid large indoor crowds. I can’t trust the people I am around to be smart. I was supposed to go to see Primus in Philly this July (now October), but if there is still COVID talk, I may not go. I really want to see Les Claypool. I play bass guitar. 

The only think that hung around for me was the "brain fog". I felt light headed for weeks. It was almost like I was out of mind body effect. My two boys (7 and 5) bounced right back after 1 day. My wife lost the sense of smell and taste. She has them back now. We all had in in mid Feb. I'm not afriad of the blood clots from the J and J shot because you had over 6 Million have the J and J and only 7 confirmed cases have blood clots. I have a better chance of winning the local lotto than the blood clots. The media needs to stop spinning the news to look so gloom. They should say over 6 million people had the J and J shot and only 7 have had blood clots. Not STOP the J and J shot it causes blood clots. There are 7 cases where people have now got blood clots. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The only think that hung around for me was the "brain fog". I felt light headed for weeks. It was almost like I was out of mind body effect. My two boys (7 and 5) bounced right back after 1 day. My wife lost the sense of smell and taste. She has them back now. We all had in in mid Feb. I'm not afriad of the blood clots from the J and J shot because you had over 6 Million have the J and J and only 7 confirmed cases have blood clots. I have a better chance of winning the local lotto than the blood clots. The media needs to stop spinning the news to look so gloom. They should say over 6 million people had the J and J shot and only 7 have had blood clots. Not STOP the J and J shot it causes blood clots. There are 7 cases where people have now got blood clots. 

I am fine with Media telling us that there is a blood clot issue with J and J.   It is on people. 

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Glad to hear all are OK. I have permanent brain fog. Ask my wife. Europe went through the same clot issues with their vaccine. I can’t remember the company. All meds can have side effects. In the US, by law I believe, they have to be divulged even if it is one out of a million.  I appreciate the FDA’s rigidity when it comes to pharmaceutical approvals. We don’t want another Thalidomide problem. I got the shots, but I do have some concerns because of the lack of long term testing.  **** it. Your damned if you do and damned if you don’t. 

32 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Happy Star Wars Day in advance.

✌️

Heading to Disney world in like 11 days for 9 days. I’m far from a Star Wars fan. But the Star Wars area is pretty cool. And the newest ride there is ridiculously good. 

First day back in work tomorrow since Dec 24th. Crazy how you become accustomed to living life free of work and all that stuff, been the best five months for me. Going to be tough to leave my wife and THREE babies now and start back in the rat race!! 😬🥺

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

First day back in work tomorrow since Dec 24th. Crazy how you become accustomed to living life free of work and all that stuff, been the best five months for me. Going to be tough to leave my wife and THREE babies now and start back in the rat race!! 😬🥺

Man I remember those days. Tough to get back to work worrying about them everyday. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Man I remember those days. Tough to get back to work worrying about them everyday. 

Going to be horrendous tomorrow. The thing is I know how ridiculously lucky Iv been to have this time...plus the three months in the first lockdown and another month last November at the second lockdown!! It’s just crazy that it’s taken a global pandemic for this to happen. 

Also please let me know what Disney is like when you go...I’m looking to book next March as we still have a travel ban here. Just wondering what restrictions will be in place but it seems like you guys are so much more open than over here. We still have no fans in sporting events and restaurants aren’t open for indoor seating for another 6-8 weeks or so. 

Edited by xenajets

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Going to be horrendous tomorrow. The thing is I know how ridiculously lucky Iv been to have this time...plus the three months in the first lockdown and another month last November at the second lockdown!! It’s just crazy that it’s taken a global pandemic for this to happen. 

Also please let me know what Disney is like when you go...I’m looking to book next March as we still have a travel ban here. Just wondering what restrictions will be in place but it seems like you guys are so much more open than over here. We still have no fans in sporting events and restaurants aren’t open for indoor seating for another 6-8 weeks or so. 

Will do for sure. Right now it’s still at a limited capacity of 35% in May at each park, no fast passes, masks at all times, except when eating or drinking. Masks can also be removed for photos now. But FL did just loosen their rules. WDW did say that even though FL is loosing things, they’re keeping the restrictions as is for now. That being said... they just announced they’re restarting their Disney College Program in June. If you didn’t know, DCP employees make the majority of workers at Disney parks. So if you connect the dots... I’d imagine that once they’re all trained, the parks will allow more guests in and all.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Will do for sure. Right now it’s still at a limited capacity if 35% in May achieve park, no fast passes, masks at all times, except when eating or drinking. Masks can also be removed for photos now. But FL did just loosen their rules. WDW did say that even though FL is loosing things, they’re keeping the restrictions as is for now. That being said... they just announced they’re restarting their Disney College Program in June. If you didn’t know, DCP employees make the majority of workers at Disney parks. So if you connect the dots... I’d imagine that once they’re all trained, the parks will allow more guests in and all.

Thanks man.

Yeah it’s tough to gauge right now what to do because we are currently still only able to travel for Emergancy type things and not for vacations. 

The guy who I rent the villa from in Kissimmee has three properties and all are getting booked up so it’s a bit of a gamble but we are thinking this time next year it should all be back to normal.....although we said the same this time last year right!!?!? 😬

• Like 1

I work for Disney/Marvel Studios on the covid side.  I don't know much about what's going on with the parks, but I know they're definitely opening back up soon. They're going to make their money back and more with everyone being excited & vaccinated. 

Edited by rickyt31
  • Like 1

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I work for Disney/Marvel on the covid side of things.  I don't know much about what's going on with the parks, but I know they're definitely opening back up soon. They're going to make their money back and more with everyone being excited & vaccinated. 

Ya I think WDW will be just fine bc their 50th anniversary is this October and will run for a year. DL got hit pretty bad though and just opened a few days ago. WDW releasing so many new things to get ready for the 50th and during it, that they will get people to the parks. The issue they'll have to navigate is crowds.

For example WDW in normal times has a FP system. Meaning you can skip the line on 3 rides every day and once you use all 3 you can do 1 at a time the rest of the day. Meaning if it's crowded... you're still guaranteed to go on a few rides a day. The perk they add is if you stay at 1 of there resorts you can book these passes 60 days in advance and if you're not staying at one of there resorts you can 30 days out. NOW with Covid this has all changed. There are no FP and you cant just go to any park any day like you normally can. They have a park reservations system. That if you're staying on property you can book park reservations for every day 9 months out (I think). If you aren't staying on property, you can only do park reservations 3 days at a time. Meaning that if you're someone like @xenajetsand stay at a rental house close by and are doing a 7-10 day trip let's say. You're only guaranteed to go into the parks 3 of those days right now. After you use a day... you can try and reserve the next day. But with the 35% capacity right now. No parks are open on short notice. So it makes it hard to not stay on property, meaning more money for Disney. Except they've lost so much it will take years to recoup. The angle people have used to get around this is getting a park hopper ($125 per guest on top of the actual regular ticket) and park hopping to the park they actually want to go to after 2:00pm every day. Meaning lets say you want to go to Magic Kingdom, but passes are full that day, but Epcot is the only park with availability. People make the Epcot park reservation and go to Epcot until 2:00 and then park hop to Magic Kingdom. And this is allowed. But obviously is a big pain. Normal times you can literally choose what park you want to go to last minute of you wanted to. WDW is a trip that takes plans months out to make the best of it. And with these restrictions, they make it really hard to not stay on property. When I think WDW will get more back to normal, I don't know. But they have to navigate this thing very cautiously. Bc if they for example allow more capacity but still have no FPs, now lines everywhere are longer, making guests upset. If they get rid of park reservations, they still have to make sure certain parks aren't SOOO much more crowded then they should be.

IMO what they should do is, when they have more workers... open it up to 50% capacity, and when they do that open FPs back up as well and still needing park reservations to make sure that number stays below 50%. Once seeing how that goes, if it's good. Then go to 75% with the same restrictions. If that goes good, then get rid of park reservations and still have FPs like normal times. The timing on all this? I think they go to 50% (maybe even more) starting early this summer (sometime in June is my guess). And see how that goes. And I think they go from there. If lines are crazy long, I think they wont lower capacity, I think they add FP to help with lines a bit. My guess is by there 50th anniversary (Fall 2021), they're close to back to normal park crowd wise. I'm sure there will still be restrictions like masks and such. But the parks operations, will be back to normal. 

45 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I work for Disney/Marvel Studios on the covid side.  I don't know much about what's going on with the parks, but I know they're definitely opening back up soon. They're going to make their money back and more with everyone being excited & vaccinated. 

Tell me about the future of Marve Studios films, etc, bro

I need the Fantastic Four castings asap!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I think WDW will be just fine bc their 50th anniversary is this October and will run for a year. DL got hit pretty bad though and just opened a few days ago. WDW releasing so many new things to get ready for the 50th and during it, that they will get people to the parks. The issue they'll have to navigate is crowds.

For example WDW in normal times has a FP system. Meaning you can skip the line on 3 rides every day and once you use all 3 you can do 1 at a time the rest of the day. Meaning if it's crowded... you're still guaranteed to go on a few rides a day. The perk they add is if you stay at 1 of there resorts you can book these passes 60 days in advance and if you're not staying at one of there resorts you can 30 days out. NOW with Covid this has all changed. There are no FP and you cant just go to any park any day like you normally can. They have a park reservations system. That if you're staying on property you can book park reservations for every day 9 months out (I think). If you aren't staying on property, you can only do park reservations 3 days at a time. Meaning that if you're someone like @xenajetsand stay at a rental house close by and are doing a 7-10 day trip let's say. You're only guaranteed to go into the parks 3 of those days right now. After you use a day... you can try and reserve the next day. But with the 35% capacity right now. No parks are open on short notice. So it makes it hard to not stay on property, meaning more money for Disney. Except they've lost so much it will take years to recoup. The angle people have used to get around this is getting a park hopper ($125 per guest on top of the actual regular ticket) and park hopping to the park they actually want to go to after 2:00pm every day. Meaning lets say you want to go to Magic Kingdom, but passes are full that day, but Epcot is the only park with availability. People make the Epcot park reservation and go to Epcot until 2:00 and then park hop to Magic Kingdom. And this is allowed. But obviously is a big pain. Normal times you can literally choose what park you want to go to last minute of you wanted to. WDW is a trip that takes plans months out to make the best of it. And with these restrictions, they make it really hard to not stay on property. When I think WDW will get more back to normal, I don't know. But they have to navigate this thing very cautiously. Bc if they for example allow more capacity but still have no FPs, now lines everywhere are longer, making guests upset. If they get rid of park reservations, they still have to make sure certain parks aren't SOOO much more crowded then they should be.

IMO what they should do is, when they have more workers... open it up to 50% capacity, and when they do that open FPs back up as well and still needing park reservations to make sure that number stays below 50%. Once seeing how that goes, if it's good. Then go to 75% with the same restrictions. If that goes good, then get rid of park reservations and still have FPs like normal times. The timing on all this? I think they go to 50% (maybe even more) starting early this summer (sometime in June is my guess). And see how that goes. And I think they go from there. If lines are crazy long, I think they wont lower capacity, I think they add FP to help with lines a bit. My guess is by there 50th anniversary (Fall 2021), they're close to back to normal park crowd wise. I'm sure there will still be restrictions like masks and such. But the parks operations, will be back to normal. 

You definitely made some great points. 

Cali recently opened concert venues and places like that back to 75% last month and I'm surprised that Florida has any restrictions at all. Georgia is basically wide open. The capacity limits are about to lift sooner than people think because of how fast people are getting vaccinated. Companies like this are spending millions on creating a safer environment, but once when the covid numbers are low enough, they're going to end it pretty quickly so they can invest that money back into what they lost. They'll probably just put a warning in writing for those who chose not to get vaccinated to protect themselves. 

The problem is companies like Disney have to make their money back to pay to get more employees to handle those large crowds again. The 50th anniversary is a great target, but I'm thinking we're going to see the real leap in August. Avenger Campus, The new Star Wars, and more on top of all the fact people are ready to get out. If Disney have some type of sale, they will definitely be full by october. I'm expecting a roaring 20's type of leap by the end of the year.