The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

Sounds weird saying… but really starting to make some money for my love of Disney world. Literally several people paying me $100 just to post their stuff on my story now weekly. Sponsors out the @$$ for my Disney podcast about to start. Never thought just something I truly enjoy would become something that makes even just some money for me. The side note is that I have over 47k followers on my Disney Instagram account. So it just didn’t happen overnight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Sounds weird saying… but really starting to make some money for my love of Disney world. Literally several people paying me $100 just to post their stuff on my story now weekly. Sponsors out the @$$ for my Disney podcast about to start. Never thought just something I truly enjoy would become something that makes even just some money for me. The side note is that I have over 47k followers on my Disney Instagram account. So it just didn’t happen overnight.

Nice! I definitely support that. I've been working on set of some MCU films and shows the past year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well done man. 

I’m going for three weeks in January. Can’t wait!! 

• Like 1

I am really starting to wonder is a field goal really worth three points. These kickers today are so good they are making FG's over fifty yards with ease. Now they are kicking 60yard field goals. It seems like every time a guy comes in a game to kick a FG they say he has made 33straight FG's. My point is it is ten times harder to score a TD than kick a fifty yard FG. When the rules came in back in the stone age position players kicked the FG not specialty kickers. GUYS George Blanda QB, Lou Groza G, Doak Walker RB, Pat Summeral, TE, Jerry Kramer G were the kickers for their teams. That 67yard FG that beat the LIons, on the last play of the game last Sunday before they moved the goal post back ten yards years 35 years ago would have been kick from their own 33

yard line.

These are the things you think when you come from the stone age like me.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I am really starting to wonder is a field goal really worth three points. These kickers today are so good they are making FG's over fifty yards with ease. Now they are kicking 60yard field goals. It seems like every time a guy comes in a game to kick a FG they say he has made 33straight FG's. My point is it is ten times harder to score a TD than kick a fifty yard FG. When the rules came in back in the stone age position players kicked the FG not specialty kickers. GUYS George Blanda QB, Lou Groza G, Doak Walker RB, Pat Summeral, TE, Jerry Kramer G were the kickers for their teams. That 67yard FG that beat the LIons, on the last play of the game last Sunday before they moved the goal post back ten yards years 35 years ago would have been kick from their own 33

yard line.

I've always believed harder FGs should be worth more points. You can't look me in my face and tell me 65yd kick is worth the same as a 5 yard kick. Abolish that scoring system. lol

16 hours ago, doumeyer said:

yard line.

In Rugby League I know they reduced the value of "field goals" (which are actually drop kicks) at some point several decades ago because it was too easy to rack up points that way. I think in the Rugby Union (different sport) world cup a few years ago, one of the teams was winning all their games with just field goals. I don't think I'd be opposed to implementing the same idea in the NFL. You're right, kicking a FG, certainly a < 40 yard field goal, is far easier than a touchdown. Much more than a 3 point to 6 point (or 3/7 including XP) ratio would suggest.

4 hours ago, TheChad said:

In Rugby League I know they reduced the value of "field goals" (which are actually drop kicks) at some point several decades ago because it was too easy to rack up points that way. I think in the Rugby Union (different sport) world cup a few years ago, one of the teams was winning all their games with just field goals. I don't think I'd be opposed to implementing the same idea in the NFL. You're right, kicking a FG, certainly a < 40 yard field goal, is far easier than a touchdown. Much more than a 3 point to 6 point (or 3/7 including XP) ratio would suggest.

I run a dynasty league. FG’s have always been tiered based on distance. Ex. < 40 yds, 3 pts., 40 - 50 yds., 4 pts, etc. This year I implemented a loss of points for missing chip shots and PAT’s. Now you lose a point for a miss < 30 yds.  I would love to see something like that for the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I run a dynasty league. FG’s have always been tiered based on distance. Ex. < 40 yds, 3 pts., 40 - 50 yds., 4 pts, etc. This year I implemented a loss of points for missing chip shots and PAT’s. Now you lose a point for a miss < 30 yds.  I would love to see something like that for the NFL. 

I am glad to see several people also think there should or could changes the rules on FG's. If you every wonder why you see a kicker squeeze the ball before he kicks off is because they use a special ball the K ball it is much harder and slicker. Special teams use that ball.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

If you every wonder why you see a kicker squeeze the ball before he kicks off is because they use a special ball

I just thought they liked squeezing things. Let’s face it, they are kickers. They ain’t getting the ladies. The ball may be all they have.

• 4 weeks later...