The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

Just now, xrade said:

Hans Zimmer. I like him almost as much as John Williams regarding musical scores. 

Yeah, Hans is the reason why I started working in the film industry. I got to see him perform live as well. So he is my favorite, but John Williams deserves a statue for what he has done. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, Hans is the reason why I started working in the film industry. I got to see him perform live as well. So he is my favorite, but John Williams deserves a statue for what he has done. 

I bought a digital piano so I could start playing Hans Zimmer.  I listen to his music almost every day.  Interstellar soundtrack for the win.

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I bought a digital piano so I could start playing Hans Zimmer.  I listen to his music almost every day.  Interstellar soundtrack for the win.

It's hard to argue against that one. I meditate to S.T.A.Y. His resume is incredible. His work on No Time To Die is high on the list to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

It's hard to argue against that one. I meditate to S.T.A.Y. His resume is incredible. His work on No Time To Die is high on the list to me. 

Haha I wrote in my book that I "meditate" to Interstellar.  I have also been telling fellow lifters for at least 5 years that listening to Hans while lifting (or something like Beethoven) will calm you down, lower your heart rate/anxiety and improve performance and your 1 rep max.

• Like 1

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Haha I wrote in my book that I "meditate" to Interstellar.  I have also been telling fellow lifters for at least 5 years that listening to Hans while lifting (or something like Beethoven) will calm you down, lower your heart rate/anxiety and improve performance and your 1 rep max.

lol That's funny. I often use that after my workouts to calm me down. Before lifting, I listen to a lot but I often go with 'Watch The World Burn' and 'Imagine The Fire'. I'm also adding 'Armada' from Dune to the list. I really like dark music. 

• Like 1

I do Hans Zimmer, Ramin Djwadi(sp), Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross and Ludwig Goransson (Tenet soundtrack) along with the Halo soundtrack for my writing/working music.  I have two more books I want to write and other side projects so more music suggestions are welcome.

If you guys want to get into brain supplements, start with Alpha GPC, I can give you a link.  Increases Acetylcholine which is great for learning, focus, creativity.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:50 PM, rickyt31 said:

I definitely play his music as well. Just not for the gym, but for screenwriting. lol

Ricky, I would love to know what you were listening to when you wrote some of those screenplays for hallmark movies, it sure wasn't Beethoven.