The best combo of starting guards that you remember witnessing.

TecmoSuperJoe

On 3/20/2018 at 4:30 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Give me some Larry Allen + Nate newton while they was together.  I know it was a bit later in Newts career but he could still put down business with the best of em and larry was a beast for a couple of those seasons with him.  

Larry Allen + whoever wins. LA is quite possibly the best O-lineman in history and by far the most dominant that I've seen play. 

On 3/18/2018 at 10:50 AM, Pugger said:

I'm probably one of the few around here who was around to see these 3 guys (Fuzzy and Jerry Kramer) in action.

I had the pleasure of having breakfast with them when I was a kid at the Bay Motel

On 4/13/2018 at 11:17 AM, frenchie said:

IMO, these two were, and apparently still are grossly overrated.  Aside from the year they won the Superbowl, the Saints routinely had one of the worst run games in the league..  They were good players, as far as keeping Brees clean, but I don't think they deserved most of the accolades they received at the time, and are certainly not one of the best combos ever. 

The 2009 offense was brutal, but the 2011 offense was historic.  All our RBs were hurt in 2010, and that leaves 2008, where we had 1600 rush yards and 20 Rush TDs.  Not terrible by any means(on top of 34 TDs and 5k yards pass first offense).  

I'm not gonna say best of all time, because I'm not going to pretend to have watched every guard tandem ever, but they deserved to be highly touted at the time.

On 4/16/2018 at 8:21 AM, MWil23 said:

That whole KC offensive line when Priest Holmes was putting up ridiculous stats in the early to mid 2000s was unreal.

The RT from that line, John Tait, became a probowl LT for the Bears.  

My vote goes to Evans & Nicks they were superb.

On 28/04/2018 at 2:20 AM, Calvert28 said:

Now reserving this spot for Zach Martin and Connor Williams. Suck it run defenses. :P

Start them out top 10 and see how it goes from there. :D

Martin could be paired up with you, and I'd still consider it top half. Martin is that good.

Archived