The best combo of starting guards that you remember witnessing.

TecmoSuperJoe

Larry Little & Bob Kuechenberg for those 70's Dolphins teams are one of the best OG tandems in NFL history. Little is a HOF'er and Kooch should've been one. Kooch's teammates said he was the best on the OL that had 2 HOF'ers (C, Jim Langer in the HOF also)

18 hours ago, bzane said:

Brutal, who was watching football long before most of us were born, sent me his choice of Best Guard Tandem, pictured below; and the notation that "Fuzzy" Thurston ran the 100-yard-dash in 16.79 seconds in college.

Image result for Jerry Kramer Fuzzy Thurston

I'm probably one of the few around here who was around to see these 3 guys (Fuzzy and Jerry Kramer) in action.

12 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'm probably one of the few around here who was around to see these 3 guys (Fuzzy and Jerry Kramer) in action.

Wow, you did?! Pretty lucky! I've seen those ol' time NFL Films of them, and even today that unstoppable Green Bay power sweep is a thing of beauty. They have on those films this symphonic music, and the stentorian voice of John Facenda narrating as grimly as though he were calling WW2:

"Stahting deep in their own territoreh, the Packas mahched inexorably down the field, Stahh handing off to Hornung and Taylah, who followed the blocking of Kray-mah and Thuhs-ston in the famed Green Bay Powah Sweep, the drive culminating in a 12-yahhd touchdown pass from Stahh to Dowlah....." - the stuff of High Drama!

54 minutes ago, bzane said:

Wow, you did?! Pretty lucky! I've seen those ol' time NFL Films of them, and even today that unstoppable Green Bay power sweep is a thing of beauty. They have on those films this symphonic music, and the stentorian voice of John Facenda narrating as grimly as though he were calling WW2:

"Stahting deep in their own territoreh, the Packas mahched inexorably down the field, Stahh handing off to Hornung and Taylah, who followed the blocking of Kray-mah and Thuhs-ston in the famed Green Bay Powah Sweep, the drive culminating in a 12-yahhd touchdown pass from Stahh to Dowlah....." - the stuff of High Drama!

:)  I'm showing my age?  ;)

On 3/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, Chiefer said:

Will Shield and Brian Waters

These two were insane. 

Maro Rivera & Mike Wahle were dominant in their time in GB, Sitton and Lang were warriors. Greenbay really doesn't like overpaying for their guards!

Nicks & Evans were a fricken powerhouse too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, GamedayGuru said:

Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks

IMO, these two were, and apparently still are grossly overrated.  Aside from the year they won the Superbowl, the Saints routinely had one of the worst run games in the league..  They were good players, as far as keeping Brees clean, but I don't think they deserved most of the accolades they received at the time, and are certainly not one of the best combos ever. 

Archived