The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

God, I hope not.

Man, that Thrawn reveal in episode 5 would have really got me if Facebook didn't spoil it.

That stinks, I try to avoid social media until I can watch an episode, but sometimes that's not practical.  It was a cool moment for me seeing it unspoiled, but not an overly shocking one considering I watched Rebels and knew she was searching for Ezra/Thrawn.

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

God, I hope not.

Man, that Thrawn reveal in episode 5 would have really got me if Facebook didn't spoil it.

So I was getting sorta spoilers, but nothing 100% revealed. I figured it was just we're finally getting a lot of Ahsoka (which was also true). Lucky for me, I got the Thrawn part unspoiled.

2 questions

1) How do you all think Rosario did? I was pleased. I barely watched Clone Wars, I don't know the character that well. The performance seemed solid to me though.

2) What do you think the endgame is with Thrawn? You already looked to establish your main baddy in Gideon. 

3) Assuming the Mandalorian takes Baby Yoda to the temple circle place, will a Jedi show up? Which one?

1. I thought Dawson did great.  It's a more mature Ahsoka, but definitely still felt like the same character from the show.  She should be in her 40's by this time, so a more mature Ahsoka makes sense.  I think a large part of why it still felt so right was Filoni's direction and writing as part of this episode.  Filoni and Favreau seem to work very well together.

2. I'll be pretty surprised if this isn't leading into a live action show with Ahsoka/Sabine searching for Ezra and I also expect we see the return of Thrawn as well, and all into live action.  There were reports earlier this year that they were looking to cast a live action Ezra and were looking for someone Asian in their early to mid 30's.  They'll need to nail the casting of Ezra and Sabine, and do as well with how Thrawn looks as they did with Ahsoka.  Have Filoni run that show, and i'll be super pumped.

3. Ideally, a jedi should show up, and it should be a new character.  If they go with a recurring character, I'm not really sure which way they would go. They could go a force ghost route and have someone like Qui-Gon, Kanan, or Yoda himself I suppose would have the most answers.  If it's a living jedi, then the options are pretty slim, but like I said, you can always make up a survivor who was on some distant planet and wasn't around a bunch of clones.
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:
  1. Ideally, a jedi should show up, and it should be a new character. 

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Also in this boat 

I don't necessarily disagree with you all, but does it dampen Order 66 for anyone? It still "worked" obviously, but then you keep adding one's that survived? 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you all, but does it dampen Order 66 for anyone? It still "worked" obviously, but then you keep adding one's that survived? 

Going from 10000 jedi who essentially defended the galaxy to something like 50, who were almost all in hiding would still be a wild success for order 66.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Going from 10000 jedi who essentially defended the galaxy to something like 50, who were almost all in hiding would still be a wild success for order 66.

I know... you're right. I don't know why I can't shake that from my head though. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

So I was getting sorta spoilers, but nothing 100% revealed. I figured it was just we're finally getting a lot of Ahsoka (which was also true). Lucky for me, I got the Thrawn part unspoiled.

2 questions

1) How do you all think Rosario did? I was pleased. I barely watched Clone Wars, I don't know the character that well. The performance seemed solid to me though.

2) What do you think the endgame is with Thrawn? You already looked to establish your main baddy in Gideon. 

3) Assuming the Mandalorian takes Baby Yoda to the temple circle place, will a Jedi show up? Which one?

1. She did fine. Never watched Clone Wars, so I am only vaguely aware of the character.

2. He may be the Emperor to Gideon’s Vader. If they’re going with some of the Thrawn story, then they might also be establishing a big bad for Tano/other Jedi introduced later to tackle.

3. Probably. Unless they go the Mando/Jedi route, which I hope to God they don’t, then there needs to be somebody. It could be another easter egg character, or it could be an original one. My money would be on the latter.

tbh, i'd be surprised if a new jedi shows up at the shrine. this is mando's show. my guess is nobody comes and mando makes a decision on what to do next based on whatever happens with the confrontation with gideon etc. i even think there's a chance that the season ends with gideon successfully re-kidnapping baby yoda

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

2 questions

1.) She did fine.  I have no background with the character so I don't have an issue with the portrayal.  

2.) A spinoff show.  

3.) A Force Ghost shows up and says Mando is force sensitive, and then Gideon shows up for the big showdown.  

Im just going to leave this here because I know I am in the minority and it is NOT based on her ability, but I do not like Rosario Dawson. Something about her irks me. I have no idea what it is. I am so happy we got a live action Ashoka but no matter how well she does in the role (and I admit it was good), there will always be a little tinge of uneasiness watching her portrayal 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im just going to leave this here because I know I am in the minority and it is NOT based on her ability, but I do not like Rosario Dawson. Something about her irks me. I have no idea what it is. I am so happy we got a live action Ashoka but no matter how well she does in the role (and I admit it was good), there will always be a little tinge of uneasiness watching her portrayal 

I like firsts........good or bad, they are always memorable.  

I thought Filoni actually handled that very well.  

• Like 1