The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

43 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That's from the Rebels epilogue, could that be the beskar staff just with the sharpened edge replaced?  That would place what has happened during the Mandalorian before that epilogue, which is an unspecified number of years after RotJ.

I think one of the reason's Filoni left it up in the air in the VF interview is because he still isnt 100 on when this is in terms of timeline and he likes it that way. Gives them room to do whatever they want. 

52 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That's from the Rebels epilogue, could that be the beskar staff just with the sharpened edge replaced?  That would place what has happened during the Mandalorian before that epilogue, which is an unspecified number of years after RotJ.

I was thinking that and she was giving the staff to Sabine, since it belongs with a Mandalorian. I don’t think it’s true though 

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I don't. I think Bo-Katan makes another appearance but thats it for CW/Rebels characters IMO

That makes sense.  Bo Katan is looking for Gideon, Gideon is looking for Grogu.  Ahsoka should be on her way tracking down her Thrawn lead, whatever that may have been, after this episode.  I wouldn't say no to Kevin McKidd reprising his role of Fenn Rau from Rebels though.  He'd be great for a live action part, and is a Mandalorian with ties to Bo Katan.

Edited by THE DUKE

I think that Thrawn is the main baddie, but one that will be on the periphery until at least season 4. Gideon isnt going out this year, but IMO he gets taken down as the season 3 finale. End of this season we see Gideon re-kidnap Gorgu and as he is being taken he speaks his first words to Mando during the ending scene of the finale. Thats how I think it plays out. 

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

They could easily do the voice actor from Rebels IMO

Ehhh, i don't really see it.  He's a fine actor, but doesn't really fit what i'd picture for the role.

But then, i'm more partial to Timothy Zahn's original Thrawn, rather than Disney's.  So maybe i'm looking for a different sort of thing.

8 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Ehhh, i don't really see it.  He's a fine actor, but doesn't really fit what i'd picture for the role.

But then, i'm more partial to Timothy Zahn's original Thrawn, rather than Disney's.  So maybe i'm looking for a different sort of thing.

I'm google imaging the Zahn book covers and I don't see that much of a difference