The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

How you feel about Thrawn moving to post ROTJ, even if it’s a completely different story 

I don't know, I'm torn.  Thrawn is one of my favorite original EU characters, as well as Pellaeon.  I really like the Zahn prequel novels set in this new timeline, because it was an era that they never really explored with Thrawn.  The furthest back he went was the TIE Fighter video game is I recall.  But I just don't know how I am going to feel about a "new" story and how he's going to fit into things, especially in a storyline that I was never really invested into in the first place.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Unless the ending to Rebels hasn’t happened yet, and now begins the search for Ezra.

I dont think so. Sabine says by the time Hera took part in the battle of Endor, Jason was already 'Spectre 7'. However, with the voice over, Sabine doesn't really give a clear timeline on anything else in the wrap up. 

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think so. Sabine says by the time Hera took part in the battle of Endor, Jason was already 'Spectre 7'. However, with the voice over, Sabine doesn't really give a clear timeline on anything else in the wrap up. 

Right, but what if those 2 scenes aren’t at the same time. Ahsoka still seems older in Rebels, than Mandalorian. I’m sure we will find out soon enough 

Just now, Acgott said:

That’s a fun fan casting that Mark Hamill approves of. Who doesn’t want to see prime Luke for once?

I'd kill to see a good representation of Luke again. I know it won't happen, but it's fun to dream.

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'd kill to see a good representation of Luke again. I know it won't happen, but it's fun to dream.

I wouldn’t be too sure that it won’t happen. If they can do a 4 episode Obi Wan series, why can’t they do the same for Luke? A post ROTJ Jedi show before Ben Solo?

I'm fine with the name.  I honestly like Grogu more than just calling him Baby Yoda or The Child. I agree it could have been better, but as long as the storytelling is strong, it'll be fine. 

Can't say enough positive about live action Ahsoka.  Dawson was excellent, the storytelling and directing from Filoni was on point, and the awesome first battle scene to introduce her is maybe the best action sequence the show has had.  I'm 100% on board with a live action series with Dawson and someone else playing Sabine.  Make it happen Pronto.

Mando keeps acquiring more beskar, that staff is legit.  The dual showdown, part western, part eastern was a great dichotomy of direction. 

Super pumped for what comes next.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think my biggest gripe is the blatant foreshadowing of Gideon and Mando going at it now that Djin has a beskar spear that we've seen to be effective against lightsabers. 

That’s what you think, until Grogu somehow sneaks pass all of Gideon’s guards, flies through the air, is caught by the throat midair by Gideon but is still able to stab him in the heart with a dagger, killing him.

If you or anyone gets this reference, know that I’m still salty about that to this day.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

That’s what you think, until Grogu somehow sneaks pass all of Gideon’s guards, flies through the air, is caught by the throat midair by Gideon but is still able to stab him in the heart with a dagger, killing him.

If you or anyone gets this reference, know that I’m still salty about that to this day.

Latest Theon GIFs | Gfycat

6 hours ago, Acgott said:

Right, but what if those 2 scenes aren’t at the same time. Ahsoka still seems older in Rebels, than Mandalorian. I’m sure we will find out soon enough 

Here's where I don't buy your theory though. Ezra disappears WITH Thrawn. They go to hyperspace together with the space whales. She could be running down Thrawn leads as Sabine is running down Ezra leads. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Here's where I don't buy your theory though. Ezra disappears WITH Thrawn. They go to hyperspace together with the space whales. She could be running down Thrawn leads as Sabine is running down Ezra leads. 

Well since Ahsoka has a lead now, she has to go get Sabine. Sabine is just chilling on Lothal