The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Not sure why they treat Weathers with such reverence. Yes, he was in Rocky...so what? They even let him direct this last episode even though he’s never done it before.

Lots of TV shows let the actor direct an episode.

14 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Yes, but come on they act like he’s Denzel.

I like him and his character btw, even if I don’t think he’s the greatest actor.

Lol, no one is comparing Carl Weathers to Denzel.  I'll gladly agree he's not the greatest actor, but he fits this roll and this show well.

Looks like they pretty much announced the Rebels live action spinoff with Ahsoka and Thrawn. I’m sure Ezra and Sabine will join as well.

In terms of the Mandalorian, no shock that Ahsoka won’t train the child. Disappointed that it looks like she is a one off. I was hoping Gideon would attack the planet there. Hopefully Bo Katan rejoins the fight 

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Ezra is going to train Grogu right?

Also Moff Gideon and Mando duel with the dark saber and the staff is going to be awesome.

I doubt it. Ezra has struggled with the dark side already, and who knows his condition after all that time in the Unknown Region.

6 hours ago, Acgott said:

Looks like they pretty much announced the Rebels live action spinoff with Ahsoka and Thrawn. I’m sure Ezra and Sabine will join as well.

My roommate watched before me and said he was mad because it was turning Mandalorian into a Rebels sequel series. Then I watched it, realized easily that a spinoff is exactly what they are angling towards, and that my roommate was overreacting. At best, Bo Katan shows up again in the fight with Gideon. Other than that, I don't expect to see any other Rebels characters. 

5 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Ezra is going to train Grogu right?

I am thinking they create an entirely new character for this. Maybe someone who fled to Tython after order 66 or something. They will go their own way to give a wide berth to Ashoka/Thrawn series. 

16 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

My roommate watched before me and said he was mad because it was turning Mandalorian into a Rebels sequel series. Then I watched it, realized easily that a spinoff is exactly what they are angling towards, and that my roommate was overreacting. At best, Bo Katan shows up again in the fight with Gideon. Other than that, I don't expect to see any other Rebels characters. 

Any animated characters that come in will be one offs or just have small arcs to set something else up.

My problem with the show is Mando needs more of a personality. He’s a little boring outside when he is being fatherly with the child.

14 minutes ago, Acgott said:

My problem with the show is Mando needs more of a personality. He’s a little boring outside when he is being fatherly with the child.

Im on the opposite end. I like the say little brooding archetype. His silence in scenes speaks volumes, which is super impressive given there is no emoting to go off of. For instance, in episode one when Olyphant took off Boba's helmet and he just took a step back you could tell his expression just in the context. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im on the opposite end. I like the say little brooding archetype. His silence in scenes speaks volumes, which is super impressive given there is no emoting to go off of. For instance, in episode one when Olyphant took off Boba's helmet and he just took a step back you could tell his expression just in the context. 

I'm the same. I don't find him boring at all. Pascal does a great job at displaying emotion without actually needing to show it. 

I loved the episode. Ahsoka's battle scenes were far better than anything we got in the new trilogy. God I wish they'd gotten Filoni and Favreau to have more of a say in those. 

I hate to see Ahsoka be just a one-off, but if we're getting a live-action Rebels series...that makes me giddy. It does make sense for her not to want to train Grogu though. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

agreed. i actually thought one thing the latest episode did really well, though i didn't love all of it, was demonstrating how strongly he's come to feel for baby yoda uhhhh gorgu lol. the way he got all excited when he force pulled the ball + the scene where he thought he was saying goodbye were really well done.