The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

idk i think the last two episodes have both been great after an ok-but-nothing-special start to the season. this wasn't just a detour episode, there was a lot of interesting world-building and setup for the future. agree that carano's character has become pretty whatever though.

I really liked this episode.  Lots of flashbacks to A New Hope which was fun.  Not a fan of bringing back the Dark Troopers without Kyle Katarn.  Pretty bummed about that.  Otherwise, I thought the episode went well.  They definitely set up quite a few things for the rest of the season.  

One other thing I have to say.............Moff Gideon's cosplay Darth Vader armor is lulzy.  That really stuck out like a sore thumb.  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I really liked this episode.  Lots of flashbacks to A New Hope which was fun.  Not a fan of bringing back the Dark Troopers without Kyle Katarn.  Pretty bummed about that.  Otherwise, I thought the episode went well.  They definitely set up quite a few things for the rest of the season.  

One other thing I have to say.............Moff Gideon's cosplay Darth Vader armor is lulzy.  That really stuck out like a sore thumb.  

as a casual star wars fan, but a fan of filmmaking, i couldnt be happier

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

i yelled out "THEY ARE MAKING A SQUAD OF DARTH VADERS"

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Dark Troopers.  They were really big in the EU lore, starting with the original Dark Forces games so many years ago.  

Ah, ok. Makes sense.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’ve been a big fan of Giancarlo Esposito since Do The Right Thing and King of New York but he’s horribly miscast on this show. I cannot take his character seriously.  Moff climbing out of the wreckage of the downed TIE Fighter in s1 with that ice grill on his face made me laugh so hard. 

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I’ve been a big fan of Giancarlo Esposito since Do The Right Thing and King of New York but he’s horribly miscast on this show. I cannot take his character seriously.  Moff climbing out of the wreckage of the downed TIE Fighter in s1 with that ice grill on his face made me laugh so hard. 

i disagree

i think he brings an awesome gravity to the role

13 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i disagree

i think he brings an awesome gravity to the role

I’d love to see him play an Imperial officer and use his gravitas that way. I cannot take him seriously in that suit and with that DarkSaber. 

Gina Carrano is such a bad actress. Her dialogue is cringeworthy.  I enjoy the show but it has gotten so formulaic.  Mando helps someone in exchange for something.  Repeat. The sequences can still be fun but it’s so cookie cutter. 

Ya, shes horrible. And I hate to say it but I think Carl Weathers is horrible as well. He seems much more like a stage actor or something, I just cant take him seriously at all. 

The past episode was bad. It was similar to the aquatic episode but the directing (Again, Carl, and I hate to say it) and dialogue was just way worse. 

Its getting overly similar to a Red Dead Redemption in space right now. They seem set on single-episode side quests + main quest but it would be refreshing to see a 3 episode side-quest type that also moves the overall goals a bit. Even using the same formula but stretching it over 3 episodes would be great, as you would leave on a cliffhanger rather than a continually resolved 35 minutes mini quest. 

Still an amazing show and the world building is drool worthy, but its got flaws right now. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Not sure why they treat Weathers with such reverence. Yes, he was in Rocky...so what? They even let him direct this last episode even though he’s never done it before.

Ummm he was also in Predator. So.... get it right. 

But yeah, I agree. He kind of sucks. His best role is making fun of himself in Arrested Development. 

• Like 1