The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

45 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Why wasn’t the Bantha carrying explosives the original plan as bait?  LoL.  They were digging 5 foot trenches and planting explosives when this thing moves underground at will. It comes out of its own cave deeper than that.  Cool episode but that scene had a lot of problems.  

eh it was fine.

thats what the characters thought to do

besides , the dragon didnt take the banta previously. 

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

eh it was fine.

thats what the characters thought to do

besides , the dragon didnt take the banta previously. 

That's why I'm ok with it. I thought it was kinda dumb to bury the bombs. But they showed it wouldn't take the intended bait previously. It worked.

I dont even care that it didnt really move the main plot along, that was some great television. The world building in this series is what Star Wars fans have wanted since the original trilogy. 

What a sad thought to think what this franchise could have been if Waititi and Favreau had control of it the whole time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

What a sad thought to think what this franchise could have been if Waititi and Favreau had control of it the whole time

Waititi directed one episode so far. I think he has another this season. This is the Favreau and Filoni show

5 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I dont even care that it didnt really move the main plot along, that was some great television. The world building in this series is what Star Wars fans have wanted since the original trilogy. 

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Not every episode needs to move the plot along. I don’t mind a side missions lol.

Yeah, I appreciate this show for being a small tale in the margins..outside the Skywalker Saga.
So appreciate stuff like this. Was nice to see a new side of the Sandpeople.

Only thing that took me out of it a bit was the middle of the show where they really upped how much fan service Sheriff Fan Service was doing.
The Anakin Podracer engine about sent me. 

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, I appreciate this show for being a small tale in the margins..outside the Skywalker Saga.

Only thing that took me out of it a bit was the middle of the show where they really upped how much fan service Sheriff Fan Service was doing.

That's Marshal Fan Service to you pardner

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That's Marshal Fan Service to you pardner

I hope when he inevitably comes back we see he reused  Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru’s charred bones for some nice decor pieces. Also his mom ends up being the lady who for some reason is wandering the sands asking random people what their name is at the end of ep9.

I thought it was fantastic. There were many great scenes and the characters (one of the best things about this show) were once again the standouts. I loled when BY closed his egg thing as Mando is about to let the whistling birds fly. How badass did it look when the dragon was on top of the hill and coming down on them? Frightening.

Also, the world building in this one was amazing. It's Tatooine again, but a different story (with some similar elements). 

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 8:33 PM, Kiltman said:

One of my favorite things the show has done has been developing side characters like the Tuscan Raiders, and they have done it both seasons.

• Like 1

So through 2 episodes we've had a western and a horror episode (with the same western undertone still present for both that the series has had as it's backbone).

I'm not sure if BY eating the eggs was just comic relief or if there will be anything more significant.  It seems the former, but I get a feeling there might be more to it.