The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

21 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I agree the outcome works, just that it was definitely something I thought of in the moment.  I also agree he should use his power sparingly for story reasons, but they already set it up for logical inconsistency with what he did the first season.  He used it to choke Cara Dune when she was just mad at Mando in season 1 (and she was a known friend at that point), i'd think knife to the throat might  be a little more serious than that.

I think inconsistencies in what equates to a toddler can be forgiven 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think inconsistencies in what equates to a toddler can be forgiven 

LMAO Any parent who has had toddlers would agree with this. I don't even have kids and I know that my toddlers are gonna be little hellions. 

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

LMAO Any parent who has had toddlers would agree with this. I don't even have kids and I know that my toddlers are gonna be little hellions. 

My buddies toddler will be asked the same questions three times in succession and give three separate answers:

Do you want a juice?

NO.

Are you sure you don't want juice?

I want juice!

Ok here is some juice.

I dont want Juice right now! LATER!

Alright lets put it in the fridge to keep it cold then.

NO I WANT IT NOW. 

• Like 1

Now things are starting to move some.

Very happy they re-introduced Bo Katan, time to start tying Mandalorian culture together again.  A bit ironic someone not from Mandalore telling someone who is that they are not Mandalorian.  I thought Mando being brought up under the way of Death Watch might have been a bigger issue than it was between him and Bo Katan.  Also happy that Sasha Banks was nothing more than a bit part side character with a couple of throw away lines.

I am relieved they aren't trying to play off Ahsoka as some big reveal since we all know she was going to be involved anyway.  I'm very curious as to how she is going to react given that she will be the first character to see the child that had a close personal relationship with Yoda.  She could end up being a one off appearance or she could be around for the rest of the season.  She has her own quest left over from Rebels along with Sabine, so I assume it'll be more the former.

I liked the zealotry they are giving the people loyal to the empire.  It's a nice touch on how they were able to stick around after the fall of the emperor, and I suspect we'll get some form of the genesis of the first order coming out of this.  For a one off side villain, landing Titus Welliver was a nice get.

17 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I thought Mando being brought up under the way of Death Watch might have been a bigger issue than it was between him and Bo Katan

Mando is not Death Watch, he is some other group. Bo Katan was formerly Death Watch and has removed her helmet.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Mando is not Death Watch, he is some other group. Bo Katan was formerly Death Watch and has removed her helmet.

Not Death Watch per se, but she called him "a child of the watch", meaning he was brought up by the remnants of Death Watch.  At least that's how I took it.

24 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not Death Watch per se, but she called him "a child of the watch", meaning he was brought up by the remnants of Death Watch.  At least that's how I took it.

That does make sense. I’m sure there’s a bunch of splintered groups now 

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Also happy that Sasha Banks was nothing more than a bit part side character with a couple of throw away lines.

as someone hyped about Sasha Banks being in this, I am also happy she didn't wind up being Sabine. 

With that said

Sasha Banks Entrance GIF - SashaBanks Entrance Hot - Discover & Share GIFs

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So are these the Mandalorians who made a bastardization of everything and wanted peace and such for themselves?  Or was that storyline eventually dropped?  

Death Watch were always the bad guys though.  I do have a tough time with them saying our guy has some sort of affiliation with them. 

No, that was Bo-Katan’s sister, Duchess Satine.

During the Clone Wars, Bo-Katan was a member of Death Watch, before Darth Maul beat Pre Vizla in a duel and took control of Mandalore.

This sect of former Death Watch members likely left the violence and found religion in their later lives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Great episode, finally get the plot moving. Though I have a feeling they’re going to throw in a filler episode before we get to see Ahsoka 

I agree, Carl Weathers directs the next episode, so it probably be a gathering the team episode.

Then Ahsoka’s creator, Dave Filoni directs the Black Friday episode.

Anyone else impressed by Bryce Dallas Howard's directorial talents? I loved this episode. Tons of action, done well, and the best world building we may have seen so far IMO. 

I think any of the directors are basically piggybacking on Favreau but it was impressive nonetheless.  

Wasnt the biggest fan of the actress who played Bo-Katan. I dont know the lore, but she seemed too 'clean' to me. Would have preferred someone with a bit more grit to them, alot comes down to writing though I suppose. 

• Like 2