The Mandalorian (Spoilers!!!) Season 2 10/30

Acgott

Good episode, as usual.

I kind of wish she didn't name Yoda. We all knew who she was talking about.

I haven't watched any of the cartoons, nor will I. Her character seems interesting enough that I'd check out a spinoff. It kind of sounded like she was around for Order 66. It'd be cool to get some flashback episodes to see how she ended up where she is. The first episode could start out right as the order is given to make it interesting; immediately starting on the run. But I could be incorrectly interpreting that.

27 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Good episode, as usual.

I kind of wish she didn't name Yoda. We all knew who she was talking about.

I haven't watched any of the cartoons, nor will I. Her character seems interesting enough that I'd check out a spinoff. It kind of sounded like she was around for Order 66. It'd be cool to get some flashback episodes to see how she ended up where she is. The first episode could start out right as the order is given to make it interesting; immediately starting on the run. But I could be incorrectly interpreting that.

They did Order 66 and the War on Mandalore in the Clone Wars episodes released earlier this year. I would love more episodes for Order 66, but I do not think they will focus on that. It was 30 years ago.

Qui Gon is lowkey the only Jedi who was ever willing to train someone. LoL. At least they’re consistent. 

Rosario looks awesome as Ahsoka. The makeup and prosthetics look great. Loved both of her lightsabers and it was fun to see a (former) Jedi kick some tail.  While I do really like Ahsoka, her backstory is a mess so her involvement in this show is a mixed bag and brings many questions.

Where has she been all this time? Is she going from planet to planet fighting Imperial factions?   How long was she on Corvus and how would Bo-Katan possibly know her location there?  Hopefully we get some of these answers going forward but I won’t hold my breath.

Curious to see if Mando uses the beskar spear as a weapon or has it melted down for another use.  I guess Disney didn’t want to show Ahsoka killing Elsbeth to get it.  Looking forward to seeing Thrawn too. 

Edited by thrILL!
This is the way.

41 minutes ago, Acgott said:

They did Order 66 and the War on Mandalore in the Clone Wars episodes released earlier this year. I would love more episodes for Order 66, but I do not think they will focus on that. It was 30 years ago.

I’d be curious to know how many Mandalorian viewers watch or even know about Clone Wars. For once I’m on the outside. 

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Where has she been all this time? Is she going from planet to planet fighting Imperial factions?   How long was she on Corvus and how would Bo-Katan possibly know her location there?  Hopefully we get some of these answers going forward but I won’t hold my breath.

We have those answers IMO. The Rebels ended with Ahsoka and Sabine (a Mandalorian with very close ties to Bo-Katan) set out on a mission to find Ezra Bridger. That is where she has been and what she has been doing. They took off on that quest at the fall of the Empire. Previous to that, she lowkey helped rebel forces but mostly stuck to the shadows. There is also some time jumping mumbo where she technically didnt exist in the universe for a few years because she hopped from one time to another by accident. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

We have those answers IMO. The Rebels ended with Ahsoka and Sabine (a Mandalorian with very close ties to Bo-Katan) set out on a mission to find Ezra Bridger. That is where she has been and what she has been doing. They took off on that quest at the fall of the Empire. Previous to that, she lowkey helped rebel forces but mostly stuck to the shadows. There is also some time jumping mumbo where she technically didnt exist in the universe for a few years because she hopped from one time to another by accident. 

Yeah I didn’t watch any of that time travel nonsense.  LoL.  They went total chicken**** with it giving her an escape from Vader bcuz he would’ve hunted her until she was dead. If they would have had the stones to do it, it would have had so much more gravitas and maintained how scary Vader was. 

Edited by thrILL!

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Gotta say, I am more excited to see if the mentions of Tython and “HK87” droids goes any further. As a fan of KOTOR/SWTOR those are some big name drops. 

How you feel about Thrawn moving to post ROTJ, even if it’s a completely different story 

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Unless the ending to Rebels hasn’t happened yet, and now begins the search for Ezra.

12 hours ago, Malfatron said:

i kind of wish they trolled and had her say "His name is Baby Yoda. He told me"

I would have preferred she said something like yes I know his name but you couldn't possibly pronounce it in your tongue (kind of like Dragonheart) and then came up with something short and sweet to call him. Grogu... like who thought that up? What do we call him for short? Gro? Gu? Gugu? meh...

Edited by Shockwave

13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’d be curious to know how many Mandalorian viewers watch or even know about Clone Wars. For once I’m on the outside. 

I always watch the Screen Crush videos on Youtube after. He shows all the easter eggs and does deep explanations of all the characters and settings. Basically I leave all that to the mega nerds

23 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Unless the ending to Rebels hasn’t happened yet, and now begins the search for Ezra.

The end of rebels is just after RotJ, so we're about 4-6 years after that.  Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn because she and Sabine are looking for Ezra and they were together when they disappeared. 

37 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The end of rebels is just after RotJ, so we're about 4-6 years after that.  Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn because she and Sabine are looking for Ezra and they were together when they disappeared. 

Are we sure of that? It’s always been thought that it’s 5 ABY where Ahsoka finds Sabine, due to the age of Hera’s son. What if those 2 scenes aren’t concurrent and Ahsoka was completing other missions such as cleaning up remaining Inquisitors, and now is when she tracks down Sabine.