The Great Debate... Five Guys VS In-N-Out

Five Guys or In-N-Out?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Five Guys or In-N-Out?

• Five Guys
    • In-N-Out

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

In-N-Out is just so bland... Fries are trash. Burger is tasteless. "Fresh ingredients" are cool but its easily the most overrated fast food joint in the country. 

You seriously just described Five Guys. In N Out at least seasons their burgers.

2018 and people think in n out is the best. strong brainwashing. their burgers are good, but everything else is average on the menu

culvers>shake shack>in n out>five guys (never had whataburger so can't judge)

culvers:

can actually get cheddar or swiss cheese

amazing cheese curds and onion rings

frozen CUSTARD (trillion times better than ice cream)

hqdefault.jpg

IMG_2393+%25284%2529.JPG

shake shack good as hell too, so glad they're all over now. frozen custard gang as well.

I voted for the only one of the 2 i've ever had.  Five Guys.  I like their hamburgers, they're nice.  It's a fun gimmick to just load your takeout bag with about a billion fries too.  Even if they're pretty mediocre at best.

Never had In n Out.  Their fries look utterly disgusting with all that weird gunk on them.  Their burgers look nice, but idk...can't really say much from pictures. 

Closest competitor in that true "pseudo gourmet burger chain" niche here is Fatburger i think.  Which is also okay, but always seems to end up with too much bread to meat ratio, or maybe it's that their bread always seems too dry.  idk.  It's nice that they sell the beers in their restaurants though.  And they take way better care of their actual restaurant buildings.

Honestly though, 90% of the time i'm just as satisfied with a Burger from Wendy's or Harvey's who have that ace poutine too...And it costs less.  Plus, Harvey's make your hamburger...a beautiful thing.

Or if i wanna go real nice, i'll be at a local pub and drink many beers that influence my already flexible burger rating skills.

I only used Five Guys and In-N-Out because they're kind of the two alpha dogs in terms of exposure/popularity in this pseudo fast food burger thing. Of course I don't think they're the top two burger places in terms of taste. I think In-N-Out is legitimate trash, I think Five Guys is really good but I've got local places that are much better like Vibe Burger.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:26 PM, IrishGreen said:

amazing cheese curds

Need to pump the breaks here. I hold my cheese curds to the state fair standard and the breading on the Culvers curds is just wrong. Love their burgers though and concrete mixers are so good, especially because they regularly send out BOGO coupons for them. 

34 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Need to pump the breaks here. I hold my cheese curds to the state fair standard and the breading on the Culvers curds is just wrong. Love their burgers though and concrete mixers are so good, especially because they regularly send out BOGO coupons for them. 

I actually agree lol. I was did a double take as wel and I’m like they have average cheese curds. I do really like their onion rings though.

Archived