Browns expected to trade for Jarvis Landry

49erurtaza

Just now, ACO said:

They have 100+ in cap. Paying him is not an issue. 

Right but it drove down his price because not every team who was interested in Landry had a ton of cap space. 

Same reason players with bigger cap numbers were traded for mid-round picks the last few days. Ogeltree, Talib.

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Facts .. people forgetting that the browns re-did there FO and are bashing this trade .Times are changing like the bills and rams going to the playoffs?.

Its only a matter of time until the browns start to get much better . I still don't like Hue Jackson but they'll have a lot of talent .

Exactly. I don't think it will be a massive jump but they have been picking top 5 talent for a while now. Kind of how the Jags got good this season after putting in some final pieces. I can see the Browns getting significantly better in the next 2 years. They just need a QB. I like this deal. 

8 minutes ago, jarren said:

After this trade its even more reason for the Browns to get Cousins. Give him that 3 year fully guaranteed contract if you have too. They have the cap space to not worry about expiring contracts over the next couple years even with Cousins making 30+. A starting O of: 

Cousins, Barkley, Gordon, Landry, Coleman, Njoku and an already solid oline is flithy. 

Trade down from #4 and then just load up on defense. The Browns would instantly become a playoff contender. 

Cousins hometown a hour away from the browns . Kirk cousins would have an amazing line up of weapons , but I do see the Vikings still signing cousins.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

"only"?

You thought Landry would bring back 2nd+?

Not but I could have seen it happen. They have the picks and stranger stuff has happened. But this is a new FO. 

I like it since we're not giving up a second round pick. People can say that Landry is overrated, but he's still a good player. As long as Gordon can stay out of trouble, and Coleman can become more consistent, then we'll potentially have a pretty good group of receivers, and you can add in Njoku and Duke Williams. Gordon and Coleman can be deep threats, which should open things up more for Landry as a possession receiver and vice versa.

Just now, ACO said:

Exactly. I don't think it will be a massive jump but they have been picking top 5 talent for a while now. Kind of how the Jags got good this season after putting in some final pieces. I can see the Browns getting significantly better in the next 2 years. They just need a QB. I like this deal. 

Honestly between me and you, I feel the browns should sign Mccaron. Use the first two picks on Barkley and Chubbs .

Chubbs is a very good defensive lineman and having him and Garret would be so ridiculous . At QB Mccaron, would be Hue Jackson guy so if Hue Jackson does get fired than the browns can go qb next year .

id say let them use there picks on defense now . Mccaron would be a good one year deal .

thats just me I would make the defensive line very good and sign a guy like Butler to help out at corner .

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I was just assuming the extension. 

I figured but it’s better to avoid misunderstanding when ppl think players have any say - once they sign they lose control.  It’s why some guys don’t sign.  

Given their cap hell MIA’s gamble paid off if it’s a 3rd.  A year earlier and a round earlier.  

FFB wise good news for Parker and Stills.  And Jakeem Grant their new slot WR. 

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I am so stoked for Cleveland! This was #1 on my list of Cleveland's dream off-season. Next up sign Tru

Tru is near the top of many Browns fans' wish list. He'll likely receive offers from better teams, but we can offer him plenty of money and he'd be reunited with Gregg Williams.

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Honestly between me and you, I feel the browns should sign Mccaron. Use the first two picks on Barkley and Chubbs .

Chubbs is a very good defensive lineman and having him and Garret would be so ridiculous . At QB Mccaron, would be Hue Jackson guy so if Hue Jackson does get fired than the browns can go qb next year .

id say let them use there picks on defense now . Mccaron would be a good one year deal .

thats just me I would make the defensive line very good and sign a guy like Butler to help out at corner .

FWIW Hue already said a rookie QB won’t be starting even if they go there.  McCarron as a FA seems really like a lock given Hue’s love for him.   But that won’t preclude a rookie QB going early.  That statement is fueling a lot of Allen / McCarron speculation given Allen’s ceiling the highest but also very easy to justify sitting for a season. Or even longer. 

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I am right there with you. I have been on the #1 Saquon and #4 Chubb bandwagon for a looooong time. I want them to draft AJ as well. He not elite but I think he can be a solid starter. They might have to trade up from 4 to 3 for him though because I can see the Colts grabbing him. If not him then Minkah to help that secondary. I would still draft a QB in the 3rd round though.

Archived