Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is Kizer the QB after Rodgers plays the next 2 years?  Otherwise, what is he going to get you after his contract is up?  Sure he is an upgrade at backup QB, but the upgrade there has now created another hole at CB.  

Maybe? They might be more concerned about the collarbone then we know. Good insurance policy - and if not then he can be traded down the line.

Sure it opens up a hole but its not like Damarious was all-pro or anything. I'm sure they have a plan in place for the position. Seems like he was a Wolf pick and there were disagreements about him in the front office. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'll be calm once we make another move.  Unless it's Matthews.  I swear to ****ing **** if we trade Matthews, I'm done.  Trade Cobb.  Trade Nelson.  Trade Bulaga.  Trade literally anybody, just leave me one favorite player to have as a favorite player. 

I’ll be very mad if we trade CM3. 

1 minute ago, SSG said:

But Kiezer wasn't any better than Hundley last year.  He was nothing short of awful and looked like he had no business being on a NFL field.  Unless we're ditching Rodgers and blowing the team up for a rebuild having one of the biggest projects the NFL has too offer at QB means very little.  

Cleveland just unloaded their garbage for a starting CB.  They seen all they needed from Kiezer and couldn't unload him fast enough.  

I mean, Kizer almost beat us. Judging dude on last year is silly I think. Much better to look at him as a prospect then anything he did on that terrible team with an a hole of a head coach. I hate the move but trying to see the silver lining. 

I can get behind this trade. Many of us have talked about how we wanted an upgrade at QB2. We got a rich man's Hundley from a purely physical talent standpoint. It all comes down to what MM can do with the clay. Heck, he could be our future after Rodgers. Or our version of Jimmy G. Potential future trade chip. 

Looking at the draft pick value chart the swapping of the 4th and 5th round pick is equivalent of a late 4th rounder. Not to mention this is a deep draft. The Packers have had a lot of success in the mid rounds.

I also feel like the Packers must have an aggressive plan/mindset to address CB as well as other positions in FA. There's no way they plan on going into the draft with just King, Pipkins, and Waters at CB. 

Time will tell. Be patient and trust the process.  

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I ran out of likes.  So many people were getting likes for being upset about us trading Randall.  I have never run out of likes before. 

Trading Cobb would have made sense to me.  Cobb, Nelson, Bulaga, someone that actually wasn't a position of weakness, was old, or would have saved us significant cap space. 

Randall was unlikely to resign though. I think everyone knew that. That’s why they did the deal. He had issues with the coaches and other players it seems.

They got a developmental talent at QB that they likely couldn’t get without drafting one high this year. It makes sense on a level.

Im interested to see what they are going to do at CB now.

To me, we got a developmental QB and a cheap backup for Rodgers for a player we had no use for.

Yes Randall is a good player, but think about it, why would Gute randomly start shopping him? 

Very clear Pettine did not want him. Maybe it's his personality, maybe it's his fit in the scheme, whatever it is, Gute isn't trading starters away from a struggling defense without the blessing of the man in charge of said defense.

Uhhhh....what the in actual hell is this?

So in a time when contenders like Philly and LA Rams are trading FOR CB's...GB trades one of theirs away from a thin secondary. There has to be way more going on(maybe Cobb traded for a CB?) but right now this is all so puzzling and....not really encouraging

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

To me, we got a developmental QB and a cheap backup for Rodgers for a player we had no use for.

Yes Randall is a good player, but think about it, why would Gute randomly start shopping him? 

Very clear Pettine did not want him. Maybe it's his personality, maybe it's his fit in the scheme, whatever it is, Gute isn't trading starters away from a struggling defense without the blessing of the man in charge of said defense.

Agree

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

But Kiezer wasn't any better than Hundley last year.  He was nothing short of awful and looked like he had no business being on a NFL field.  Unless we're ditching Rodgers and blowing the team up for a rebuild having one of the biggest projects the NFL has too offer at QB means very little.  

Cleveland just unloaded their garbage for a starting CB.  They seen all they needed from Kiezer and couldn't unload him fast enough.  

He was better in stints. In my opinion at least, and clearly in Gute's too. And Hundley has been in our system for years, he is not a 21 year old rookie. He can make all the throws, ridiculous arm strength. CLE got a new GM and wants to pick their own QB, not necessarily a shot at Kizer. He is just a better prospect then Hundley and the best we've had since Rodgers. 

Archived