Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

I'd rather just rip the band aid off the wound now and have time to let it heal, then week 5 be counting on Randall to start, make a mistake and have Pettine on him and he blows up and loses it and now we're in the middle of the season and our starting CB is dragging down the locker room.

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I remember, But do you know how difficult it is to have 11TDs and 22 INTs?

He threw 22 Interceptions, most in the league.

Second most was Cam Newton with 16! Kizer threw 38% more interceptions than the second most interception prone guy in the league.

There were only 5 of 32 qualifying starting QBs last year who had a sub 1 TD:INT ratio. 

He was at 1:2

CJ Beathard was the second worst at 1:1.5 (4:6 total)

So you like this trade then?lol

Just now, Slinky said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have a more proven vet backing up Rodgers right now than a 2nd year guy who looked terrible last year. 

I'm way more excited about the pick swaps to be honest.

I agree.  We are no better off today than we were yesterday.  Kiezer looked AWFUL last year.  He's got just as good of a chance to be worse than Hundley than he does to be better.  You've got rookies all over the NFL at least looking adequate and yet he was easily and BY FAR the worst QB in the NFL last year despite a number of teams starting their back up.

14 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Good rookie year. Injuries ruined next year. Bounced back last year after we benched him for what was either freelancing, not knowing play call, or attitude... Problem is, to the naked eye, his mouth/attitude/tackling. He can cover. He makes plays. Green Bay just got tired of him. 

Surprised no one has posted this yet. 

McCarthy: “We all understand what happened in the Chicago game, but I thought from the Chicago game on he played at a very high level,” McCarthy said. “He probably played the best football of his career, but then he didn't play the last two games. He needs to go home and self-evaluate and clean his own house. We all need to clean our own house. We did not play to the standard of the Green Bay Packers, regardless of losing our best player.”

Certainly a jab. Possibly saying he quit with two weeks left as well. 

Why didn't he play the last two games?  Was he injured, or was he being disciplined by the team?  Can't imagine McCarthy would call out an injured player.  Maybe there more to the story than we knew?

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I remember, But do you know how difficult it is to have 11TDs and 22 INTs?

He threw 22 Interceptions, most in the league.

Second most was Cam Newton with 16! Kizer threw 38% more interceptions than the second most interception prone guy in the league.

There were only 5 of 32 qualifying starting QBs last year who had a sub 1 TD:INT ratio. 

He was at 1:2

CJ Beathard was the second worst at 1:1.5 (4:6 total)

How good do you think Rodgers would have done if he started his rookie season or went to the niners and started? I think it's alright to be concerned but its important not to write him off completely because of a bad rookie season on a bad team. I like this trade and am excited to see how he develops. And I am sure you will all cheer up when we start making moves at CB

2 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

I don't like the idea of "planning" to fix the CB situation, there is too much uncertainty to be able to plan that kind of thing. I have a bad feeling we'll be scrambling after we are priced out of the top couple of guys, then can't improve edge in the draft. I don't think Favre would have done well if he had gotten to start that first year in ATL, I also don't think Kizer is Favre...

The timing of this is also weird. We've already seen quite a few CB's being traded away and now GB sorely needs CB help after these guys have been scooped up.

Randall was the shiniest turd in a crap secondary last year. If major additions were added prior to his departure, this outrage would be next to nil. Good thing week 1 is six months away. In the end, however this secondary is fixed, the order of moves won't matter.

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

So confirmed that we are trading HaHa too?

Don't think so but if you get rid of an illness your organs start working properly again.

I know they were close. I knew at 11:30 last night Randall was being cut/traded.

First I saw HaHa's tweet then this:

Figured Randall was out. Thought we could do better than we did. 

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Randall was the shiniest turd in a crap secondary last year. If major additions were added prior to his departure, this outrage would be next to nil. Good thing week 1 is six months away. In the end, however this secondary is fixed, the order of moves won't matter.

How many additions do you think you're going to be making?

Going into an NFL season without 4 CBs you're not going to dread seeing the field is a minimum. We have 1 in King. Even if you added a stud in Free Agency and hit on a draft pick, you still need Randall for depth. This would be a more palatable trade if we got some salary cap back to sign somebody, but we didn't get anything noticeable in that department either. 

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Hard to see how this makes our team better next year.. Gute's gotta crush FA and the draft and he can pull me back in real quick. Must love a few prospects or something. But Holay.

It doesn't. We got a ****ty backup QB for a starting CB.

I hope he trades Rodgers next. **** this guy.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Why didn't he play the last two games?  Was he injured, or was he being disciplined by the team?  Can't imagine McCarthy would call out an injured player.  Maybe there more to the story than we knew?

"knee". was limited participant both weeks of practice and I don't believe he was injured in the week 15 game.

Archived