The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

19 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Our basketball team sucks.

From a talent standpoint, I agree completely. I also love Holtman and think that he's doing a fantastic job with the talent (more like "lack thereof") that he has. They play HARD, they rebound/play good defense, and are simply lacking scorers other than K. Wesson. With next year's Top 10 class, I think that they'll make the jump to a legitimately solid team and potential B1G contender.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

From a talent standpoint, I agree completely. I also love Holtman and think that he's doing a fantastic job with the talent (more like "lack thereof") that he has. They play HARD, they rebound/play good defense, and are simply lacking scorers other than K. Wesson. With next year's Top 10 class, I think that they'll make the jump to a legitimately solid team and potential B1G contender.

Matta screwed Holtman over with his terrible recruiting. Matta just stopped caring. It’s why he doesn’t have a job right now.

Edited by candyman93

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Matta screwed Holtman over with his terrible recruiting. Matta just stopped caring. It’s why he doesn’t have a job right now.

From everything I've read and heard from former players, Thad's health (back) is and was so bad that he couldn't physically coach or recruit. I actually feel bad for him. Apparently during most halftimes, he'd have to lay flat on the locker room floor to get any semblance of pain relief.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Potter would be a bid addition to this team but He left. Matta recruited ok but kids lost have the kids from a class from 2 years ago and 3/4 kids from the class 3 years ago. Just need to ride through this year and get to the class for next year. Next years team should be fun to watch

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson was honerable mention All Big Ten at Rutgers. My guess is he steps right in at OG. Then Bowen kicks out to compete with Alabi and Petit-Frere at RT. Only way Jackson isn’t a starter at guard is if Myers isn’t up to the challenge at Center and Jackson has to play there. Then I could see Bowen sticking at guard opposite of Wyatt Davis. OL may take some time to gel but should be fine. Big year for Studrawa’s possible future as our OL coach. 

• Like 2

I don't think we can count on Bowen holding up injury wise, and we don't know yet if he is what he was previously after multiple injuries.  I see the line shaking out like:

LT: Thayer Munford, Josh Alabi
LG: Jonah Jackson, Matthew Jones
C: Josh Myers, Harry Miller
RG: Wyatt Davis, Brandon Bowen, Kevin Woidke
RT: Nicholas Petit-Frere, Max Wray

Jones I think becomes the top backup interior lineman.  NPF's talent wins out and he finds a place on the line.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I figured you were a ‘Nova fan

Nova made some questionable decisions with their recruiting a couple of cycles ago in his opinion. He went on an angry tirade and swore them off and became a full time Buckeye fan!