The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

10 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

If Sam Webb gives us a CB, its pretty much as good as gold

Big win in Ryan Day's first move as HC. To follow that up, his next move could be landing Justin Fields from Georgia. Word is he wants to play for Ryan Day, his private QB coach believes Day is the best coach in the country.  https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2018/12/18/18146216/ohio-state-front-runner-georgia-transfer-justin-fields

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

Big win in Ryan Day's first move as HC. To follow that up, his next move could be landing Justin Fields from Georgia. Word is he wants to play for Ryan Day, his private QB coach believes Day is the best coach in the country.  https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2018/12/18/18146216/ohio-state-front-runner-georgia-transfer-justin-fields

I'd be all for it, especially if he could do for Fields what he did for Haskins, the only issue then would be fighting off NFL teams for his services.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'd be all for it, especially if he could do for Fields what he did for Haskins, the only issue then would be fighting off NFL teams for his services.

Idk if he would leave tOSU for the NFL. But who knows. 

It be nice to see fields. It be great competition in the spring in Tate and Fields. 

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Bit of a letdown class, but seems local 5-star Zach Harrison is signing with the good guys tomorrow. 

Letdown class?  We already knew it'd be a smaller class and if we get Harrison we still have 3 5 stars s in Harrison, Wilson, and Miller.  I also think Stover is going to be an animal.  Not to mention that there are still guys out there.  I'll be surprised if we don't add 2-3 more 4 stars before signing day in February.

58 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Idk if he would leave tOSU for the NFL. But who knows. 

It be nice to see fields. It be great competition in the spring in Tate and Fields. 

Probably not, but the talk will be there, same as Riley at OU. Of course only speculating (if he is successful)

Edited by MSURacerDT55

45 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Probably not, but the talk will be there, same as Riley at OU. Of course only speculating (if he is successful)

Difference is Day knows what NFL life and College life is like. Riley only knows of college. Day might find college easier like a Saban does. where Riley doesn’t really know if it is or not too him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Letdown class?  We already knew it'd be a smaller class and if we get Harrison we still have 3 5 stars s in Harrison, Wilson, and Miller.  I also think Stover is going to be an animal.  Not to mention that there are still guys out there.  I'll be surprised if we don't add 2-3 more 4 stars before signing day in February.

What down in comparison to past classes.  Still some great players.

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

What down in comparison to past classes.  Still some great players.

But this was by design based off of scholarships available and building a great 2020 class. So understand where you are coming from but we are on average 6-7 total recruits less than other schools

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Hopefully Harrison signing keeps these kid's minds right that Urban leaving isn't the end of this program and a lot can be done. One thing is for sure, I'll never be sad to see top tier defensive lineman come to this school. Hope he stays put!

Ohio state will never die or truly struggle. I think being the only P5 program in the state will stop that from happening. Day might never be the national recruiter Urbz was but if he can keep the top talent home, hit on a couple 3 * and nab a one or two national kids, they should always compete. 

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ohio state will never die or truly struggle. I think being the only P5 program in the state will stop that from happening. Day might never be the national recruiter Urbz was but if he can keep the top talent home, hit on a couple 3 * and nab a one or two national kids, they should always compete. 

If Day can win here then the recruiting shouldn't be a problem. We still are THE Ohio State University. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar