The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

With Fields now on the team, at the very least I hope that this means whoever wins the QB competition, Ohio State will have a good backup if the starter where to get hurt.  I will say this though, even though he said he will not transfer, if Tate doesn't win the starting job, I would be shocked if he didn't transfer.

Peace!!!

2 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

With Fields now on the team, at the very least I hope that this means whoever wins the QB competition, Ohio State will have a good backup if the starter where to get hurt.  I will say this though, even though he said he will not transfer, if Tate doesn't win the starting job, I would be shocked if he didn't transfer.

Peace!!!

Honestly, I see either one transferring rather than staying as the backup, even Fields.  At this point I expect Baldwin to be the backup going into 2019 with that transfer dude being the emergency QB one more year, and then Miller as the 3rd QB in 2020 before there is a Baldwin/Miller battle in 2021 or 2022 to take over after Fields/Martell

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Hopefully this guy brings in his own LB and DB coaches

EDIT

After actually reading the article it sounds more like Mattison will be the LB coach, and not the D coordinator.

gnnntanuslfauxzjut42

Jeff Hafley will be brought in to be DB and Co-DC

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Michigan players are not happy:

https://www.maizenbrew.com/football/2019/1/7/18172429/michigan-players-react-to-greg-mattison-leaving-for-ohio-state

Them not being happy makes me believe we got someone good and that makes me happy.

Well the strongest aspect of their defense has been their DL. Now that is gone. Maybe Harbs is leaving for the NFL...

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Well the strongest aspect of their defense has been their DL. Now that is gone. Maybe Harbs is leaving for the NFL...

I can't see him leaving unless being forced. That dude seems to have an ego and if he was winless against OSU, he will stay until he wins at least one. I could be very wrong but we'll see. And yeah, always liked Michigan's defensive line and I'm not sad for that reason.

• Like 1

Hafley has been meh for the 49ers. He's been here a few years, a couple of regimes, so obviously he's well liked, but our secondary players never improved, and we have had some fairly young guys back there. Ward was beset by injuries, but was largely up and down. Witherspoon regressed to start this year and ended up getting benched. Tartt was starting to come along, then kind of stagnated as injuries hindered his development. Corner depth never improved under him. I was actually hoping that we would let him go to target Wilks / Vance to be a new DB coach even before this news. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hafley has been meh for the 49ers. He's been here a few years, a couple of regimes, so obviously he's well liked, but our secondary players never improved, and we have had some fairly young guys back there. Ward was beset by injuries, but was largely up and down. Witherspoon regressed to start this year and ended up getting benched. Tartt was starting to come along, then kind of stagnated as injuries hindered his development. Corner depth never improved under him. I was actually hoping that we would let him go to target Wilks / Vance to be a new DB coach even before this news. 

See those guys being DCs before being DB coaches again. Wilks will prolly go back to the panthersthe Panthers

• Like 1