The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Justin is a special player who’s only going to get better.

Olave and Wilson are going to have monster years. It’s a great year to be reloading some talent on defense cause this offense is going to hang 50spots on everyone

15 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

2027/28 home and home scheduled with ‘Bama. I’ll believe Bama comes north of the Mason Dixie when I see it. 😆 Them and UGA currently both on the docket for now though.

Hopefully by 2027-28, the game (and the world) won’t look like the Yankees baseball game in Interstellar. LoL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

2027/28 home and home scheduled with ‘Bama. I’ll believe Bama comes north of the Mason Dixie when I see it. 😆 Them and UGA currently both on the docket for now though.

Doesn’t matter. Gonna be an early season game. I’ll believe it when I see it that Bama even keeps it as a home and home. They never play a true non conference road game. I think the last one was, what, against Penn St in ‘10 or ‘11

it will prolly get moved as a season opener special and be held in Atlanta

i doubt Saban will still be coaching by that game

Edited by buno67

Bored and was thinking about top 5 Buckeye careers of all time. He wasn’t the greatest talent, but where would you put JT Barrett?

He owns every passing record in OSU and Big 10 history, 8th all time rushing, and we did win a natty his first season starting. It’s just hard when you compare him to a Dwayne Haskins or Justin fields who would obliterate his records if they both started 4 years.

I would completely understand if they retired #16.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Then your just being crazy.

Not really. We have a pretty historic institution with a ton of excellent players that have come through. Just bc a guy plays for 4 years when most good players dip after 3 so he holds all records, doesn't mean much to me. It's not as crazy of a thought as you may think. 

Hawk, Spielman, Boston, Griffin, Laurenitis, Pace, Eddie, Katz, Glenn, Chase, Bosa x2, Troy Smith and this was 15 seconds of thinking. Give me a list and I can almost assure you he wouldn't be in the top 50.

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Not really. We have a pretty historic institution with a ton of excellent players that have come through. Just bc a guy plays for 4 years when most good players dip after 3 so he holds all records, doesn't mean much to me. It's not as crazy of a thought as you may think. 

Hawk, Spielman, Boston, Griffin, Laurenitis, Pace, Eddie, Katz, Glenn, Chase, Bosa x2, Troy Smith and this was 15 seconds of thinking. Give me a list and I can almost assure you he wouldn't be in the top 50.

You add in the stats, yes inflated because of tenure but also add in his pure leadership and being a huge factor in a reason we won a title  he deserves way much more credit. Not his fault that Urbz replaces Herman with a good awful coach in Beck who ruined his development. 

also holding his time against is crazy. You remove is sophomore, the year after his major ankle injury, he is still up there.

Should we down grade Archie and Eddie, they were four year guys. 

He is easily a top50 guy. You are being jaded cause the other teams after ‘15 didn’t win a title.  The failures of those teams aren’t just JTBs fault. 

by the way Archie, Eddie, Hawk, Laurenitis, and Smith were there For 4 seasons, so they should be excluded from your list because you know, 4yrs In college should exclude you from an all time great list, right?

also love Nick Bosa but he loses his place for pretty much leaving the team mid season. Yeah he got hurt but he truly choose the NFL during that. Don’t blame him but that hurts him

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

On what planet is Nick Bosa an all time great Buckeye?

17.5 career sacks and ditched on the team his junior year.

Vernon Gholston had a better career.

You're right. My fault for naming someone literally putting zero thought into it. I'll throw together a list on Monday when I'm in front of my computer for the sake of having something to discuss.

• Like 1