The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 1/16/2022 at 10:10 AM, NateDawg said:

I think not winning the point of attack in the running game is a serious issue. I think if you look back at two years ago, even with Justin Fields, they relied on the power running game with JK Dobbins and the offensive line. As much as they seemed like a finesse team last year, when they needed the short yardage or to establish the run, they were getting beat up front. I think the reliance on the passing game was less part of the plan and more out of necessity. I hope at least they can get back to balance. Making a change with the offensive line coach I guess is the first move there. 

Part of that is the read option. If it's a give every time and Stroud isn't going to run then they need to go to a more pro style downhill running attack. Get under center more and do play action.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Part of that is the read option. If it's a give every time and Stroud isn't going to run then they need to go to a more pro style downhill running attack. Get under center more and do play action.

It’s also a byproduct of not committing to any type of gap play. Even with Braxton/Barrett they ran a lot of power read, counter, inverted veer, and trap. JMHO

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 5:04 PM, THE DUKE said:

I want to know if its coaching or CJ refusing to run...lets not act like he cant run

• Like 1

13 hours ago, buno67 said:

I want to know if its coaching or CJ refusing to run...lets not act like he cant run

It has to be coaching.  30 year old Andy Dalton ran the read option in the NFL and had 10+ yard runs. That's what happens when you don't worry about the QB keeping it and he actually keeps it pretty much no matter who is at QB.

So what are these guys doing in terms of the 2022 NFL draft, are they staying or going?  Both have another year if they want it but both are obviously seniors.  

Sevyn Banks Ohio State SR CB
Jerron Cage Ohio State RS SR DT

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So what are these guys doing in terms of the 2022 NFL draft, are they staying or going?  Both have another year if they want it but both are obviously seniors.  

Sevyn Banks Ohio State SR CB
Jerron Cage Ohio State RS SR DT

Cage is doing another year. No word on Banks but I think he’s checked out and will try the draft.

• Like 1

He was hyped up as a first round guy in preseason but didn’t even start half the time this year and was surpassed by a true freshman. He has physical skills but clearly doesn’t have the work ethic because he got worse this year by a lot. Maybe a day 3 flier but that’s it.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Glad Harbaugh is back at _ichigan, we owe him an *** kicking

McCarthy looks like the real deal and him w/ Donovan Edwards could be a problem but it looks like our offense will have so much fire power and they're losing so much on defense. I hope we put up 70 on them. If Knowles can get these guys right after half a year of practices, we'll destroy them.