The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

4* CB Dijon Johnson from Florida just committed also. Two Florida kids in a matter of hours

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2022/04/130443/four-star-cornerback-dijon-johnson-commits-to-ohio-state

I don't know how we grab these kids from Florida to come play football in cold *** Ohio (at times) but I'm loving it. That's a whole lot of kids from Florida but still quite a few from that 7 kid trip that might come as well. 

https://247sports.com/player/dijon-johnson-46128114/

16 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't know how we grab these kids from Florida to come play football in cold *** Ohio (at times) but I'm loving it.

3 letters.

N

F

L

Look at all the DB's in the league who have come through Columbus.  That coupled with competing for national championships year in and year out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

3 letters.

N

F

L

Look at all the DB's in the league who have come through Columbus.  That coupled with competing for national championships year in and year out.

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind (as well as NIL) but Bama, Clemson (gross) and UGA are pumping out these first rounders also and have much better climates along w/ competing. I'm definitely not complaining one smallest, tiniest bit lol. I just find it neat that we're able to do this. I know some kids have ties to Ohio like Rodgers but not everyone is like him. 

OT: Not to look too deep into things but Jojo Trader, another 5* Florida WR, posted a couple videos of him working out and embarrassing a kid wearing a Michigan shirt. He's been tied to us and is this a sign? lol. Probably not but it's still funny to see.

21 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't know how we grab these kids from Florida to come play football in cold *** Ohio (at times) but I'm loving it.

I remember Johnnie Dixon talking about it. A reporter asked why hed want to come up to the cold from Florida, and he said "I'll have to play in the cold in the NFL. So this will prepare me for that, to catch in the cold." 

So I'm guessing thats part of their pitch consistently. It would prepared you for wherever you'll be drafted having exposure to the cold. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I remember Johnnie Dixon talking about it. A reporter asked why hed want to come up to the cold from Florida, and he said "I'll have to play in the cold in the NFL. So this will prepare me for that, to catch in the cold." 

So I'm guessing thats part of their pitch consistently. It would prepared you for wherever you'll be drafted having exposure to the cold. 

That's something I hadn't thought of and is actually a very valid point. Using something most people view as a negative and turning it into a positive. I like it!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

That's something I hadn't thought of and is actually a very valid point. Using something most people view as a negative and turning it into a positive. I like it!

I'll try to search and see if I can find it, but I remember he referenced Santonio Holmes when he said that. How he ended up in cold climates and won a Superbowl. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 2:38 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

4* CB Dijon Johnson from Florida just committed also. Two Florida kids in a matter of hours

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2022/04/130443/four-star-cornerback-dijon-johnson-commits-to-ohio-state

I don't know how we grab these kids from Florida to come play football in cold *** Ohio (at times) but I'm loving it. That's a whole lot of kids from Florida but still quite a few from that 7 kid trip that might come as well. 

https://247sports.com/player/dijon-johnson-46128114/

I look at like how MSU used to get guys from Ohio and Michigan who wanted to go to OSU and UM. The get those Florida kids who wanted to go to UF, Alabama, FSU and Miami 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I look at like how MSU used to get guys from Ohio and Michigan who wanted to go to OSU and UM. The get those Florida kids who wanted to go to UF, Alabama, FSU and Miami 

Yes. Ironically, both Woodson and Desmond Howard are Ohio kids, and even when MSU beat us a couple of times in the early 2010's, they had some of those 3-4* Ohio kids on their roster as well.

Now, these kids seem to be going to UC (THANK YOU LUKE FICKELL) and occasionally still Notre Dame (as has always been the case, especially with those Cincinnati large Roman Catholic high schools).

• Like 2

4 CBs for Raiola to commit and not one for another school. If y'all haven't watched his '21 Sophomore season highlights, you need to check him out. His mechanics are not good (easily coached and he's extremely young so it's kind of expected) but he's got a canon for an arm and looks like a young Mahomes out there. I'm honestly more excited for him than I was Ewers

On 4/18/2022 at 7:39 AM, THE DUKE said:

3 letters.

N

F

L

Denzel signing that huge deal is a huge recruiting tool at the moment 

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of reactions from top prospects with this commitment. Since he's the first kid of this class to commit and arguably the top prospect of '24, this could be the first of an all time class. Trying to temper expectations but it's still pretty exciting when thinking of the chain reaction this could cause

Edit: The kid is already helping recruit also. Dang

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I could watch the throw at 2:25 all day. That’s a “future #1 pick” type of throw.

His development last season was incredible. If he continues to get better, the sky is the limit for this kid. That Rose Bowl was absolutely unreal. Things are looking good for this team, especially offense, this season. I'll enjoy summer but can't wait to see them in action.