Haloti Ngata Reportedly To Sign For 1 Year

ninjapirate

I'm not a fan of getting older on the DL if I'm being honest. Not that he sucks and I do believe with the way we rotate both He and Bennett might thrive ala Long. But I'm not getting the moves TBH?

I know it's In Howie We Trust and All. But Damn?

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm not a fan of getting older on the DL if I'm being honest. Not that he sucks and I do believe with the way we rotate both He and Bennett might thrive ala Long. But I'm not getting the moves TBH?

It's only a 1 year deal

51 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

we got a window while we don't need to be giving Carson like half of our cap

Stuff like this is all we can do now, hire mercenaries while the young core is locked up.

our dline is better this year right now. Let's go get a second championship.

It's this or get worse

On 3/13/2018 at 10:18 AM, Jroc04 said:

No Suh then. ☹️

Good rotational pickup. Guy single handedly saved Ray Lewis' career. He'll, at the very least, consume blockers to free up our LBs and let other guys make plays. 

It will be interesting to see what Ngata has left in the tank.  How old is he anyway?  Adding Suh to your D-line would have been downright scary.  o.O

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, ianlewis16 said:

What did he even do last year? he still good?

He was good until he got injured and was done for the year. He's not the Ngata he was in Baltimore but he's still productive in situational defense. He's a good 1 year stop gap that will help out younger players. 

28 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It will be interesting to see what Ngata has left in the tank.  How old is he anyway?  Adding Suh to your D-line would have been downright scary.  o.O

He just turned 34 so we'll see. But I'm sure the heavy rotation will keep him fresh. He'll be used like we did with Beau Allen, our former runstuffing DT, most likely just in running scenarios or more heavily against rushing offenses. 

Yea, Suh would have been cheat code level. One can dream. He did say he'd play for free so it's still a possibility. lol

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

He just turned 34 so we'll see. But I'm sure the heavy rotation will keep him fresh. He'll be used like we did with Beau Allen, our former runstuffing DT, most likely just in running scenarios or more heavily against rushing offenses. 

Yea, Suh would have been cheat code level. One can dream. He did say he'd play for free so it's still a possibility. lol

Maybe we should give him a call.  After signing Cousins we will need some guys like that.  :D

Archived