Titans Release Karl Klug

Titans fan 617

20 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Titans save 2million I believe

Anyone think it’s more money opened up for Suh?

We had plenty of money for Suh(think @ragevsuall17 said we're somewhere in the 35-40 mil range if the contract numbers reported so far are accurate) without releasing Klug.

Like PK said on twitter, don't think Klug releasing has anything to do with Suh one way or another.

Bummer, always like Klug and when he's had a chance he's been effective rushing the passer up the middle. Was due a $2M roster bonus this weekend, so who knows, maybe could come back on a vet minimum deal if he doesn't land elsewhere. Not sure if Vrabel/Pees think he's a fit, but if they can get him back cheaper, no harm in getting him in for training camp / preseason at least. 

1 minute ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Sad to see him go. Still thought he had a pass rush role on the team. 

If the ‘scheme fit’ was at all related to his weight, that is incredibly stupid. 

Yeah if it was related to weight we could’ve easily just asked him to put on some more weight this offseason. I doubt it would’ve been that difficult for him to gain 10 lbs or so.

Like @titans0021 said I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back by camp on a reduced salary.

18 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Yeah if it was related to weight we could’ve easily just asked him to put on some more weight this offseason. I doubt it would’ve been that difficult for him to gain 10 lbs or so.

Like @titans0021 said I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back by camp on a reduced salary.

Him gaining weight at this stage of his career isn’t good for him, especially when his role is to be an interior pass rusher, remember he backs up cassey at the 3 tech & he lost quickness after blowing his Achilles last yr.

Glad after all those years of losing he finally got a taste of the playoffs and even a playoff victory. Unfortunate that he won't be with us for our Super Bowl run. Thanks for all the hard work and commitment you put in to help turn this franchise around Karl.

Archived