Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

Interested to see the details on the offer sheet. 

CHI does have a good amount of cap space, and likely would match unless GB was able to structure it in a way that would prohibit CHI from doing so.

Putting the chances of GB getting Fuller at less than 20% pending contract structure

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/03/01/way-we-hear-it-kyle-fuller-absolutely-wants-to-return-to-chicago-bears/anzjxfe/

" Free agent cornerback Kyle Fuller very much wants to stay with the Chicago Bears and intends to do all he can to make that happen, a source close to the team recently told Pro Football Weekly.

The issue at the moment is that there is a fairly wide range of compensation between the very good corners in the NFL and the great ones, and Fuller has no idea what his market value really is without testing it for the first time in his career "

Just now, Lodestar said:

I get that it drives the price up for the Bears, but doesn't it also mess with our cap for the next five days until they match it? Money we could be using to sign one of the CBs currently available to us...

Yep.  Don't know why we did this unless we overpaid.  The Bears have 56 million dollars in cap space.  We aren't signing Fuller unless we put in some kind of weird poison pill, and I would have a serious problem with Gute putting in a poison pill.  That's some Vikings level crap.

This is going to keep us from getting any of the other corners.  Bears are going to take the whole five days, too. 

Fuller and Mathieu would've been my top 2 targets from the start of FA, Fuller is less versatile but more able to play the boundary. 

I just hope the Bears don't match, or we might miss on Mathieu, Melvin and Breaux and then be back to square one with no DBs left.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Putting the chances of GB getting Fuller at less than 20% pending contract structure

Fuller wants to force the Bears into a long-term deal at his number, I guess this comes in under the category of "shots fired"

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yep.  Don't know why we did this unless we overpaid.  The Bears have 56 million dollars in cap space.  We aren't signing Fuller unless we put in some kind of weird poison pill, and I would have a serious problem with Gute putting in a poison pill.  That's some Vikings level crap.

This is going to keep us from getting any of the other corners.  Bears are going to take the whole five days, too. 

I wonder if this is a sign that they have the Rodgers extension done. Could create quite a bit of cap space with that move

Archived