Need one of these CB's - the best of the rest

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Good data. Thanks. I dont keep track of such stuff, so it comes in handy. We want Ward - go get him.

If he's a shutdown "Give me all the man to man you want" type guy - he's exactly what we need. Get him now and let him and King ride off into the sunset. 

Ok...let's assume we make a move up the board to get Denzel Ward (and not talking about a major one), and we ship out our 3rd round, and our compensatory 4th round pick to do so.  How do we improve our EDGE and WR situations?

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're probably looking at a 1st, 3rd, and 5th to get to 10 where 60% of the CBS guys don't have him reaching. 

I think ward goes 9th or 10th.

no way he goes above allen, darnold, rosen, mayfield, barkley, chubb, or nelson imo. then it becomes more wild card. if he's there at 9 or 10, i have no problem giving up that package.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Ok...let's assume we make a move up the board to get Denzel Ward (and not talking about a major one), and we ship out our 3rd round, and our compensatory 4th round pick to do so.  How do we improve our EDGE and WR situations?

S*** you gonna make me run this draft arent ya?

Ask me - the pass rush need is more pressing than the WR cause AR will make the WR corps perform - whereas we cant have our DBs running around covering guys for 10secs per play. We're fortifying our DL - good. Clark/Daniels could use the help cut the QB comfort zone down. On the Edge - I dont know - primarily because I dont follow college football and I'm in read along mode. You think we could get a performer - if not a world class sack artist in the second round?

7 minutes ago, Ketchup said:
9 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Rumor is we passed on Mathieu because of his height. Does that hurt our chances of trading up for a 5'10 cb?

If true, Gute is a moron.

I heard it was because he has too many vowels in his last name.

Let's make judgements on Gute because of this verified claim.

Just now, Jaegybomb said:

Rumor is we passed on Mathieu because of his height. Does that hurt our chances of trading up for a 5'10 cb?

Where is that rumor?  If there is even a verifiable whiff of that rumor being true, this is gonna go down as one of Gute's biggest toots. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I've got this icky gross feeling we're getting the gang back together and it's gonna be Williams, Gunter, King, House, Rollins and Waters and that we're going to draft an effing offensive tackle or some crap in round one.

Tramon played well last season and would be inexpensive. Also obviously played in Pettine’s system. At this point idk how to oppose bringing him back on a cheap 1 year deal. That definitely does not mean I don’t advocate other moves at CB along with him.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I heard it was because he has too many vowels in his last name.

Let's make judgements on Gute because of this verified claim.

In case you had trouble reading it the first time, I said IF TRUE. 

10 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

I'd almost rather take 3 CB's at the picks needed to trade up to get Ward.

I think it depends on how the board shakes out. If it's only a couple of picks, it's not going to be that expensive to trade up to get him. 

Obviously I don't want to trade up to 7 to get him

Archived