Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Macc aint trading up for Allen or Baker dude. Is he?

Idk what hes doing i just dont want Darnold because I think he sucks (Ohio State tape) and others this year

And rosen because i think hes pretty close to his ceiling and has an injure history that kinda scares me (along with his lack of mobility)

10 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Idk what hes doing i just dont want Darnold because I think he sucks (Ohio State tape) and others this year

And rosen because i think hes pretty close to his ceiling and has an injure history that kinda scares me (along with his lack of mobility)

I personally don't see a lack of mobility.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I personally don't see a lack of mobility.

I Think hes physically capable but doesnt move all that well when he plays ... either way injury history this troubling for a QB

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

Everyone looks at physical stuff when they talk about ceiling, makes no sense to me.  80% of what the QB does he does with his mind and understanding of the game and anticipation.  I am not  head over heels in love with Rosen but he is probably the smartest QB in this draft, and he can continue to understand defenses better and better.  His ceiling can be really high and not because he runs a 4.3 40 or the fact that he still has mechanical problems to fix and can get better that way.

4 hours ago, Akomplice said:

I don't know why everyone is so concerned with the QB's, we all know the pick is going to be Barkley. I kid I kid... I think.

The best thing Cleveland could do is take Barkley  at one and a QB at four, if the Browns don't take Barkley at # 1 the Giants will take him at # 2..  This trade up by Mac caught  me completely off guard, I though for sure he would stay at Six and see what QB drops to 6, I guess he though some other team would jump us and take the Colts #3 pick, which was a real possibility. Mac for me is a impossible guy to figure, both in his draft picks and his personnel moves. After we pick at 3, we don't draft again till the # 72 pick which will be the next day. After our # 3 pick I am going to switch channels and watch TV LAND with Andy & Barney Fife, that is the only thing that will keep me from going nuts.

Thoughts on the trade:

Positives-

*Love the aggressiveness and action in trying to do everything to get us the franchise qb we need. 

*Guaranteed one of Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield and Allen (hopefully not the latter) 

*Our second round picks don’t exaclty mean much to us because outside of Maye last year I think the last good pick was David Harris a million years ago. 

Negatives-

*Obviously the compensation to move up is excessive although I love not giving away our first rounder next year. 

*At three we don’t exactly have the pick of the bunch as two QBs could go before then. I want to have the knowledge our front office traded away quality picks for a specific qb. At this moment of time we don’t know who we are getting. 

*With the draft picks gone we don’t have the amount of resources available to create a competitive team around the rookie. That’s why I’m gutted we didn’t bring in a difference maker at WR. Also in my opinion FA was extremely underwhelming and I fear we will not give the rookie the team around him that he needs. 

I really like this move. To be able to move up and keep you next year first is a good thing. I have never really been a fan of second round picks because we miss on those so much. I think Barkley goes 1 or 2 which means we will get Darnald or Rosen. The sad part is Mayfield is going to be the best one of them all. 

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Thoughts on the trade:

Positives-

*Love the aggressiveness and action in trying to do everything to get us the franchise qb we need. 

*Guaranteed one of Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield and Allen (hopefully not the latter) 

*Our second round picks don’t exaclty mean much to us because outside of Maye last year I think the last good pick was David Harris a million years ago. 

Negatives-

*Obviously the compensation to move up is excessive although I love not giving away our first rounder next year. 

*At three we don’t exactly have the pick of the bunch as two QBs could go before then. I want to have the knowledge our front office traded away quality picks for a specific qb. At this moment of time we don’t know who we are getting. 

*With the draft picks gone we don’t have the amount of resources available to create a competitive team around the rookie. That’s why I’m gutted we didn’t bring in a difference maker at WR. Also in my opinion FA was extremely underwhelming and I fear we will not give the rookie the team around him that he needs. 

2nd round pick.  Unless they make a trade back in 2nd Jets' success with 2nd round picks continues slumping until 2020.

Maccagnan finally revealed his marbles.  Mayfield grabbed his crotch.     Good Combo?

20 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Maybe next year we can sign all the free agents for you. All of them 

Or maybe a good offensive one. Just one. That will do. Or better yet we can make the same mistake that was made with Sanchez and Geno had give them high school calibre receivers around them. 

18 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

2nd round pick.  Unless they make a trade back in 2nd Jets' success with 2nd round picks continues slumping until 2020.

Maccagnan finally revealed his marbles.  Mayfield grabbed his crotch.     Good Combo?

I said I love the fact we are not giving up our first. Don’t mind as much with the second rounder as like you said maybe we trade down next year to replenish our second round pick.

The Sheldon pick this year was a pure bonus as he didn’t even resign with the Seahawks and no doubt we would of lost him anyway for nothing. The fact we got Kearse is just a joke! We won that trade so bad it’s not even funny.

What I really dislike about the trade other than not getting a better supporting cast around the rookie is the fact we may not actually get the QB we want. If Buffalo, Denver, Miami or Arizona trade to #2 and get Rosen then what do we do?!? (Assuming and hoping the trade is for Rosen) 

15 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I said I love the fact we are not giving up our first. Don’t mind as much with the second rounder as like you said maybe we trade down next year to replenish our second round pick.

The Sheldon pick this year was a pure bonus as he didn’t even resign with the Seahawks and no doubt we would of lost him anyway for nothing. The fact we got Kearse is just a joke! We won that trade so bad it’s not even funny.

What I really dislike about the trade other than not getting a better supporting cast around the rookie is the fact we may not actually get the QB we want. If Buffalo, Denver, Miami or Arizona trade to #2 and get Rosen then what do we do?!? (Assuming and hoping the trade is for Rosen) 

Sorry. 

I don't think Maccagnan made the trade for Josh Rosen. If Jets waited until the draft night to make a trade for a qb then they could lose something more valuable than the package they already sent to Colts. Hell, they could flunk out and sit on 6th.

I will support #3 qb no matter who it is.  Even Mayfield or someone's last name begins with A.

36 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Well said I agree even moving up to # 3 it is no guarantee he will get the QB he wants. I am total  baffled by this trade up move.

Archived