Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

36 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Giants like Rosen.  That is a problem.

I know people are saying that doing so means they are targeting a QB, but I'm not convinced. 1) I think the Giants know exactly who they want (Barkley) and that he will not be there at 6; 2) I think the Giants/Jets have not traded with one another in 40 years for a reason... we may not be rivals on the field, but we are off it. Giving the Jets an opportunity at selecting the new face of NY affects the Giants standing in terms of net wealth over the long haul. If that player were to become a great QB, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Jets enter the top 5 and the Giants drop out of it when Eli is gone (Jets were 9th in 2017, Giants were 3rd).  

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I know people are saying that doing so means they are targeting a QB, but I'm not convinced. 1) I think the Giants know exactly who they want (Barkley) and that he will not be there at 6; 2) I think the Giants/Jets have not traded with one another in 40 years for a reason... we may not be rivals on the field, but we are off it. Giving the Jets an opportunity at selecting the new face of NY affects the Giants standing in terms of net wealth over the long haul. If that player were to become a great QB, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Jets enter the top 5 and the Giants drop out of it when Eli is gone (Jets were 9th in 2017, Giants were 3rd).  

This is pretty much the issue. I can't see the Giants trading with the Jets. There's more of a chance they make a trade with Buffalo. But do the Giants want to drop all the way down to 12? IDK. An ideal trade partner for the Giants if they are not going QB is Denver. 

There's a couple things I wanted to shed some light on regarding this trade and the Giants involvement:

1. The Giants simply did not want to deal with the Jets. I truly think the Giants do NOT want to take a quarterback and would have loved to trade back a few picks, however, their ownership simply would not ease the process in letting the Jets find their QB.

2. I still think the Giants trade out for a HUGE haul. While I believe the football guys think the right move is to get their future, I think owndership wants to do right by Eli and surround him with weapons before he calls it quits. Before you guys get concerned here, I do think they will be trading with Buffalo. They have the ammo to do so as well as the sense of urgency. The good news, however, I think they LOVE Darnold and Allen. Think about it for a second, why would the Bills be interested in a QB like Rosen, who has already voiced his displeasure for playing in a mid-tier market (Cleveland). The Bills market is probably less appealing than Cleveland, plus there has been no indication the Bills like Rosen (based on what their fans are saying on their forum). 

How I expect the top 3 to go down:

1. CLE--Sam Darnold

2. TRADE

NYG Receives--1 (12), 2 (22), 2 (53), 2 (56), 2019 1st, 2019 3rd

BUF Receives--1 (2)

2. BUF--Josh Allen

3. NYJ--Josh "#TheRosenOne" Rosen

Remember this post boys. I'll be here to say I told you so.

Does this Jets and Giants same city feud really even exist? Lol. 

Buffalo is in New York too are they still allowed to trade with them? 

Theory kinda seems like nonsense to me. If true, it's a horrible management technique to deny your team progress so that a team in a totally separate conference won't benefit. 

I can't seeing it being for Baker Mayfield. Watching him throw,, he would be a lame pick 3rd overall. For one I hate short QBs, its hard for them to succeed. Senior bowl he had some balls hit down.  Watching the senior bowl highlights, Josh Allen even looked better. 

My guy is Josh Rosen, I am hoping for him. There are some question marks about hiim but he can throw the football. He looks like a future top 10 QB. Sam Darnold is talented AF as well, when i watch him he looks like Andrew Luck. 

I am thinking the Giants take Barkley. The moves that team is making, they want to win now. Eli Manning isn't that old, if they give him supporting cast he can win still. Barkley is a special RB, he would be the type of move they can make to make the Giants into a playoff contender next season. 

1 hour ago, BJets512 said:

There's a couple things I wanted to shed some light on regarding this trade and the Giants involvement:

1. The Giants simply did not want to deal with the Jets. I truly think the Giants do NOT want to take a quarterback and would have loved to trade back a few picks, however, their ownership simply would not ease the process in letting the Jets find their QB.

2. I still think the Giants trade out for a HUGE haul. While I believe the football guys think the right move is to get their future, I think owndership wants to do right by Eli and surround him with weapons before he calls it quits. Before you guys get concerned here, I do think they will be trading with Buffalo. They have the ammo to do so as well as the sense of urgency. The good news, however, I think they LOVE Darnold and Allen. Think about it for a second, why would the Bills be interested in a QB like Rosen, who has already voiced his displeasure for playing in a mid-tier market (Cleveland). The Bills market is probably less appealing than Cleveland, plus there has been no indication the Bills like Rosen (based on what their fans are saying on their forum). 

How I expect the top 3 to go down:

1. CLE--Sam Darnold

2. TRADE

NYG Receives--1 (12), 2 (22), 2 (53), 2 (56), 2019 1st, 2019 3rd

BUF Receives--1 (2)

2. BUF--Josh Allen

3. NYJ--Josh "#TheRosenOne" Rosen

Remember this post boys. I'll be here to say I told you so.

I hope so but the feeling of dread when the Bills trade ahead of us may give several on here heart attacks. It would be pure euphoria if they then went Allen but that ten minutes would be the longest ever. 

27 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I hope so but the feeling of dread when the Bills trade ahead of us may give several on here heart attacks. It would be pure euphoria if they then went Allen but that ten minutes would be the longest ever. 

And who are u thinking we take if darnold and Rosen go infront of us

4 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

I'd probably take Mayfield, but Allen might very well be the pick... and I am trying to prepare myself physically and emotionally for that.

Also don’t get this whole notion that the giants wouldn’t swap with us if the bills wanted to come up (sure we’d have to pay a lot) but ifsay they wanted Barkley and were getting compensation to still get him vs dropping down and not getting him

doubt being in the same city factors in at all to be honest 

Just now, KBS756 said:

Also don’t get this whole notion that the giants wouldn’t swap with us if the bills wanted to come up (sure we’d have to pay a lot) but ifsay they wanted Barkley and were getting compensation to still get him vs dropping down and not getting him

We tried to trade with the Giants already.  I doubt they trade with us at this point.  There are several reasons they might not.  Reason #1 is the most scary and it is that they want a QB themselves.  Reason 2 is that they think they can get more out of the pick during the draft.  Reason 3 is that they really really love Barkley or Nelson and don't wanna lose out on them (though doubtful since they could trade back 1 spot with us and not lose out on anything).  Reason 4 is that they don't want to provide their cross town rival with their franchise QB.  It isn't the same as a divisional rivalry, but the both teams want to be the top team in their city.  They aren't competing for a playoff spot, they are competing for fans, which honestly is more important since it means $$$$$.

18 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

I didn't think about it that way. The Giants going RB or G at 2 gives the Jets their pick of the lot. So, them not wanting to trade the pick to the Jets is more optics at this point since trading the pick to us still means they will get Barkley or Nelson at 3. 

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I didn't think about it that way. The Giants going RB or G at 2 gives the Jets their pick of the lot. So, them not wanting to trade the pick to the Jets is more optics at this point since trading the pick to us still means they will get Barkley or Nelson at 3. 

If it was just a RB or OG that they wanted they would have gotten 1 of them at #6.  And they would know 100% that they would get one at #3, and we could toss them a late round pick while they would lose nothing, and still get the exact same player they would get at 2.  I am really starting to think that the Giants are looking at taking a QB.  Which kind of sucks for us as Darnold AND Rosen could be off the board for us, but it is also kind of funny because unless they can make it to #4 to the Browns then the Bills did a whole lot of things just to miss out on the top 4 QB's.  That is a good time for us right there.  I call that an early divisional win.

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

I don’t know man. Maybe Mayfield. But either way it would be an epic fail if we traded up for Allen. He’s just not what we need. I’d rather of rolled with Teddy as the saviour lol.  

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Giants will have about 26m cap room for 2019 with 32 players. That could make Eli Manning expendable after this season. I am not sure about Davis Webb.  QB class isn't as deep as RB class for 2018 draft. Everything indicates that Giants "should" grab top qb.

That is where my thinking has gone.  If Dave Getteman believes in throwing a rookie qb to the wolves then I am sold on Barkley.

On Giants-Jets trade.  I wonder if MM bothered to make a call?

Archived