Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

This is known and has been discussed many times but Foster had 2 red flags. Yes, he was the superior player than most of the guys that were picked in the first rd but he was still picked 31st. Teams did their risk reward assessment and everyone but the Niners thought it wasn't worth the risk and went another way even though Foster was a top 10 talent pre-combine kickout. Just hindsight.

Is it just hindsight? I mean everybody screamed Foster when he was on the board when we picked, most thought it was the obvious pick, and as it stands looks like a missed opportunity.

29 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Is it just hindsight? I mean everybody screamed Foster when he was on the board when we picked, most thought it was the obvious pick, and as it stands looks like a missed opportunity.

Come on, man(said in frustration, not condescension). I'm not talking about poster or fans on twitter. I'm talking about the people that evaluated these guys from all the teams that passed on him that actually did research and interviews. Of course we want a top ten talent at a position of need. I was saying that those teams didn't take him after doing their due diligence.

7 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Come on, man(said in frustration, not condescension). I'm not talking about poster or fans on twitter. I'm talking about the people that evaluated these guys from all the teams that passed on him that actually did research and interviews. Of course we want a top ten talent at a position of need. I was saying that those teams didn't take him after doing their due diligence.

Yeah I don't remember it being obvious to people either

Jack and Foster dropped in back to back years. Foster has been solid for 49ers but there will be plenty more good lbs. Conley hopefully makes us all forget about foster. is Conley comes back and plays like lattimore did in NO do we still get mad about Foster? 

Smith and other Lbs will be available again this draft. We have a lot of positions of need on Def. if we took Foster we would still need 2 of the following: DT CB S.  

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

Jack and Foster dropped in back to back years. Foster has been solid for 49ers but there will be plenty more good lbs. Conley hopefully makes us all forget about foster. is Conley comes back and plays like lattimore did in NO do we still get mad about Foster? 

Smith and other Lbs will be available again this draft. We have a lot of positions of need on Def. if we took Foster we would still need 2 of the following: DT CB S.  

Conley wasn't on Lattimore's level, but I get what you're saying. And yes.... hopefully Conley comes in and establishes himself as a top teir type CB. Because Foster IMO (baring injury) will be an all-pro in time. I feel that strong about his game.

There are not a lot of LBs with his size, closing speed, coverage ability and power in one package. Foster was the best ILB I saw coming out since Keuchly.  

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Conley wasn't on Lattimore's level, but I get what you're saying. And yes.... hopefully Conley comes in and establishes himself as a top teir type CB. Because Foster IMO (baring injury) will be an all-pro in time. I feel that strong about his game.

There are not a lot of LBs with his size, closing speed, coverage ability and power in one package. Foster was the best ILB I saw coming out since Keuchly.  

I tried to tell people that early on but some wanted to say that he didn't know how to tackle and would be getting tons personal fouls and head to head contact flags. Not one all year.

21 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I tried to tell people that early on but some wanted to say that he didn't know how to tackle and would be getting tons personal fouls and head to head contact flags. Not one all year.

I just read somewhere on the net that Roquan Smith might be a better prospect then Foster.

What do you guys say about that?

28 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I just read somewhere on the net that Roquan Smith might be a better prospect then Foster.

From the little I looked at of Smith on Youtube, no effing way. Drawbacks on Foster were what Nighttrain said, red flags, personal fouls, erratic tackling, over agressive. Drawbacks on Smith are inability to shed. All those Foster drawbacks pale in comparison to the drawback that a potential inability to beat blocks is for a linebacker.

Furthermore, it's irritating to continually hear "best since Kuechly" for every guy that comes down the road. Kuechly drops blockers on his way to the ball like they're not even there, it's beautiful. None of these guys look to be on his level in their college highlights. Definitely not Smith. Foster moreso.

On the flipside, Smith looks to be suited for modern linebacking. Speed, coverage, reactions, less emphasis on stoutness and block shedding. Looks like absolutely a 3 down guy, but Kirk Morrison on 1st down. Whether he is an MLB is also questionable.

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

Foster had the size. That's the only issue with Smith if expecting to him to play MLB. Smith IMO is a better closer and more versatile. Foster is better downhill. Both are top 10 picks to me. Smith imo will be the better play maker. He's a prototype see ball, get ball player and his ability to diagnose plays is among the best I've seen. Smith would have a Dieon Jones type impact in Oakland. Add speed, coverage and playmaking ability. The defense would play faster. 

50 minutes ago, holyghost said:

From the little I looked at of Smith on Youtube, no effing way.

lol... youtube scouting. You're right however. Smith is a modern LB and defenses need these. Would you take Dieon Jones or Levonte David on your team right now? Smith is better than both coming out.

And I don't take my  "best since Kuechly" comment lightly. I don't say that stuff often. Foster has similar ability to attack blockers, shed and throw tackles. 

Archived