This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I prolly wouldn't care as much about the NBA if I wasn't a Laker fan. it was fun to destroy the NBA last year. still doesn't feel the same without Kobe tho. More of a fan of AD than Lebron 

I mean, that makes sense, you’re always going to be more into the sport when your team is doing well. Unless it’s NFL where I’m into hardcore regardless. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

NBA died and boring as hell when the Heat formed a super team and every other team started following suit. It got better in 2014, and the Warriors winning a title with a complete 100% homegrown team in 15-16 which is a rarity (I’m a Warrior fan as well) was absolutely awesome. Then, when they signed Durant, it died again. I was a fan not thrilled with signing Durant, just totally throws off the balance of the sport. And I’m not the only one who thinks this, NBA’s ratings were way higher in the 2000’s, and the past 3 years their ratings have been in the total gutter. 

yea the teaming up crap needs to stop, makes it boring when you know who the 4 teams will be in the Conference Finals every year. Im a Lakers fan, and rooted for GSW vs those Miami teams, was refreshing to see a team built organically, then KD came, such a weak move. Now you got the Nets lol, easy to root against. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I mean, that makes sense, you’re always going to be more into the sport when your team is doing well. Unless it’s NFL where I’m into hardcore regardless. 

I can't really watch a regular season NBA or MLB game if my favorite team isn't playing. NFL I can watch basically any game, and be into the game. I grew up playing football and baseball too. Baseball being my main sport too. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

yea the teaming up crap needs to stop, makes it boring when you know who the 4 teams will be in the Conference Finals every year. Im a Lakers fan, and rooted for GSW vs those Miami teams, was refreshing to see a team built organically, then KD came, such a weak move. Now you got the Nets lol, easy to root against. 

The Warriors are back to being homegrown, but lot of injuries and just the Curry show. They suck, but he’s on fire and MVP status play. He has to go down as the funnest player to watch the sport has ever seen imo. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

The Warriors are back to being homegrown, but lot of injuries and just the Curry show. On fire this year. He has to go down as the funnest player to watch the sport has ever seen imo. 

cant wait till Klay gets back. Western Conference is loaded. 

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Warriors are back to being homegrown, but lot of injuries and just the Curry show. They suck, but he’s on fire and MVP status play. He has to go down as the funnest player to watch the sport has ever seen imo. 

Curry reminds me of Kobe when he was stuck playing with Mihm, Smush ParkerS... The era after Shaq and before Gasol/Bynum. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Nothing gets my adrenaline pumping like a Raiders game.  Adrenaline starts pumping, hands get sweaty and cold, pace back and forth when big plays happen.  Yell at people/things/stuff.  I get out of 3 hour Raider games like I just survived 3 minutes with prime Mike Tyson.  Way too intense.  I don't know how to watch a Raiders game without losing my **** at least once.  It's a heckuva drug.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Nothing gets my adrenaline pumping like a Raiders game.  Adrenaline starts pumping, hands get sweaty and cold, pace back and forth when big plays happen.  Yell at people/things/stuff.  I get out of 3 hour Raider games like I just survived 3 minutes with prime Mike Tyson.  Way too intense.  I don't know how to watch a Raiders game without losing my **** at least once.  It's a heckuva drug.

I wish I could feel any of that. I go in thinking the worst and 6-8 times a season they don't let me down lol

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Nothing gets me in a worse mood than watching Raider games these days it seems haha. I get so pissed off more often than not and am miserable the rest of the day.

It'd be good for our blood pressure if we could field a semi competent team. 

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Wish I still felt this every game. Felt it in the second Chiefs game for sure, heart racing, goosebumps, whole nine yards. Also, to a lesser extent: First Chief game, and the Saints game.

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I wish I could feel any of that. I go in thinking the worst and 6-8 times a season they don't let me down lol

Yeah I honestly turn off games like the Falcons, Patriots, Bucs.  If we get down about 3 TDs, I turn it off.  I can't handle it.  It already ruined my day for like 4-5 hours.  But the Jets, Dolphins, and other close games, I live for those moments.  I don't care if the Jets game was blown by them on purpose or what, we still freaking won, and that was great.  That Dolphins game though, so glad Arden Key is gone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Nothing gets me in a worse mood than watching Raider games these days it seems haha. I get so pissed off more often than not and am miserable the rest of the day.

It'd be good for our blood pressure if we could field a semi competent team. 

I completely agree lol.  I have high blood pressure.  Always seems to be a non issue during the offseason.  Lol....

Weight goes down, mood stabilizes.  Life is just easier during the offseason.  Hope just comes back into our lives lol.

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Wish I still felt this every game. Felt it in the second Chiefs game for sure, heart racing, goosebumps, whole nine yards. Also, to a lesser extent: First Chief game, and the Saints game.

First Chiefs game I was standing there in the living room with my 11 year old son talking about how we're Mike Tyson and we got a punchers chance.  "Can't nobody knock us out because our offense can throw hay makers."  Man was I in the zone that game.  We started throwing bombs to come back in the second quarter to Ruggs and Agholor and I was just hyped up beyond the max.  I could've powered my house for 15 days with the adrenaline coursing through my veins that game.

Chiefs are smart, they lost because the Bucs owned them in the trenches. their offensive line is back to being one of the best in the league. Kyle Long isn't even going to be a starter for them but they are loaded. Well their defense isn't all that, their DL is also great. A great DL can carry a defense, Chiefs realize this. thats why I never understood why we always prioritize DBs first lol