This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

That AMC stock was a wild ride. Helped pay for the downpayment on my house. 

it's dead huh.... that was my Goal too... screw the stock market and crypto, I sold all my coins. I'm currently stuck in AMC.... Just hoping one day it can get back to 30. I got in at 30 and lost half of my money smh.. Should have sold man....Too much corruption, I think one day it will squeeze. I just wanted to double my money for a house.  hate the corruption within the market.

Edited by Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

it's dead huh.... that was my Goal too... screw the stock market and crypto, I sold all my coins. I'm currently stuck in AMC.... Just hoping one day it can get back to 30. I got in at 30 and lost half of my money smh.. Should have sold man....Too much corruption, I think one day it will squeeze. I just wanted to double my money for a house.  hate the corruption within the market.

Crypto is such a fickle beast. It’s just so dang volatile. Also the more and more closely it starts to get regulated could have some potential downfalls for the coins that would essentially neuter the whole endeavor. Block chain tech is definitely the future for some things, I just don’t know how far they’re going to run with it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Crypto is such a fickle beast. It’s just so dang volatile. Also the more and more closely it starts to get regulated could have some potential downfalls for the coins that would essentially neuter the whole endeavor. Block chain tech is definitely the future for some things, I just don’t know how far they’re going to run with it. 

I can see the banking system just dying off, they control politicians and governments. Just my opinion, more regulation will come

11 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Just about everyone expects to see a .com bubble type of crash in crypto.  If you are in the right coins the return will be amazing but the wrong ones will be worthless.  Right now they are all lottery tickets.  Even the big dogs could collapse.

• Like 1

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Just about everyone expects to see a .com bubble type of crash in crypto.  If you are in the right coins the return will be amazing but the wrong ones will be worthless.  Right now they are all lottery tickets.  Even the big dogs could collapse.

Absolutely. It’s so finicky right now. Especially this week with the news of more steps being taken for federal regulation, it’s gonna be really interesting to see how the market responds and especially interesting as more steps are taken to regulate it on a federal level. 

37 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Absolutely. It’s so finicky right now. Especially this week with the news of more steps being taken for federal regulation, it’s gonna be really interesting to see how the market responds and especially interesting as more steps are taken to regulate it on a federal level. 

One of the biggest hurdles is the taxation.  They have lumped them all together as the same type when some should be treated as property and others as currency.  There would be so much more use if you did not have to pay taxes just to use the coins as currency.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

One of the biggest hurdles is the taxation.  They have lumped them all together as the same type when some should be treated as property and others as currency.  There would be so much more use if you did not have to pay taxes just to use the coins as currency.

Yeah that was the original point of them really but in all reality whether you believe it right or wrong the financial institutions are going to put their hands in that honeypot along with the fed. 

11 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yeah that was the original point of them really but in all reality whether you believe it right or wrong the financial institutions are going to put their hands in that honeypot along with the fed. 

They have been dragging out this process to make sure the financial institutions make money, some of it is funneled to politicians, and the they make sure they can generate as much tax revenue as possible.  The system sucks but it could be far worse.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Did anyone else see that Tom Brady unretired a few hours after his final TD pass ball was auctioned off for over a half million?  

I saw that! I would never get over it if I had been the one to buy that dang ball.

May agree and disagree with you guys at times but this forum certainly gives me my football talk fix, talking to casual fans in real life who can’t name a draft prospect, and don’t understand basic play fundamentals like Cover 3 etc, is just not fun. 

Watching/talking football is definitely my favorite hobby along with working out and watching MMA (only if the card is good, not watching a card with a bunch of average joes). 

Appreciate all of you who grind this forum year after year and talk football. I’ve been on here since 2005, although not super active until 2012. Basically 10 off-seasons and games of pretty active discussions with you guys. 

Hopefully we can get back to Raider normalcy soon and a commitment to excellence. Maybe I’ve been an A’s fan too long where we play moneyball and don’t care about “names”, but all I care about is winning. I don’t care what players we win with, how we do it (even if it’s a little dirty/questionable), as long as we win, and win consistently. It’s been 20 years since we’ve won consistently. 

Here’s hoping the McDaniels Era leads to 15 years of mostly playoff berths… Raider Fan for life. 

• Like 2