This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Welcoming a dog to our family in a couple months! Any tips/tricks on training, must haves for a puppy, etc? I've done a ton of research and had a family dog growing up so I'm not a rookie, but I still want to be well over prepared for it.

Since this is not your first time you might be okay but the biggest mistake I see people make over and over again is getting a dog that is to big or active for their lifestyle.  The animal becomes a burden instead of a joy.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Welcoming a dog to our family in a couple months! Any tips/tricks on training, must haves for a puppy, etc? I've done a ton of research and had a family dog growing up so I'm not a rookie, but I still want to be well over prepared for it.

Best advice on training is to stick to your guns.  Much like kids, dogs will push the boundaries and do whatever they want if you don't correct the behavior.  Always easier to do with a pup.  I see a lot of dogs that become the alpha of the house only because the owners let it happen.  

You'll definitely want puppy pads, chew toys, treats, food, and most likely a kennel/cage of some sort for when you have to leave it alone.

• Like 1

Was playing rockband with some buds the other day and snapped the drum pedal in half. It's the original rock band for 360. I did the exact same thing in high school too, such cheap plastic parts.

It's my friends so I need to replace it. Ebay has some crazy expensive replacements, but I am wondering if anyone knows an alternative than the official rockband pedal. Would any old electric piano pedal with the same plug in work? Or does it need to be rockband created?

On 7/31/2022 at 11:23 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Love him and squeeze him and call him George...

• Like 1

Has anyone used StubHub before/is it legit? I bought tickets to an event but unfortunately can't make it anymore. TicketMaster doesn't allow resale for this specific event so I listed them on StubHub. They sold quickly which is awesome, but I am so confused as to how the process of transferring the tickets + getting paid works.

I chose the mobile transfer option and have the buyers email + name now, but how exactly do I get paid? How does StubHub even know if I transfered the tickets to her or not? 

Seems so sketchy as they don't actually facilitate the transfer of the tickets, moreso just connecting us and expecting both sides to honor the agreement. 

• 3 weeks later...

It’s crazy this Saturday my son plays his first ever college football game. Went from watching him play pop Warner on Saturday to Thursday night freshman hs games to Friday night hs games and back to Saturday day games. Proud dad. Hopefully in 3-4 years I’ll be seeing him play on Sunday and Monday nights. 🥲

• Like 5

On 8/13/2022 at 9:15 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Has anyone used StubHub before/is it legit? I bought tickets to an event but unfortunately can't make it anymore. TicketMaster doesn't allow resale for this specific event so I listed them on StubHub. They sold quickly which is awesome, but I am so confused as to how the process of transferring the tickets + getting paid works.

I chose the mobile transfer option and have the buyers email + name now, but how exactly do I get paid? How does StubHub even know if I transfered the tickets to her or not? 

Seems so sketchy as they don't actually facilitate the transfer of the tickets, moreso just connecting us and expecting both sides to honor the agreement. 

StubHub is the most legit ticket exchange there is, by far. 

With that security though, they have the biggest seller/buyer fees by far. Like 20% or something crazy. 

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s crazy this Saturday my son plays his first ever college football game. Went from watching him play pop Warner on Saturday to Thursday night freshman hs games to Friday night hs games and back to Saturday day games. Proud dad. Hopefully in 3-4 years I’ll be seeing him play on Sunday and Monday nights. 🥲

Congratulations cough!! That’s flippin awesome brother!! I honestly love that for ya, too cool!! 👍👍

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Congratulations cough!! That’s flippin awesome brother!! I honestly love that for ya, too cool!! 👍👍

Thanks man still feels weird having him in another state away at school. This will be the first game of his that I’ll miss just too expensive to travel. Gas + hotel = 1k$ trip but I can see him on tv. I’ll get to see him play next Saturday tho when he’s a lil closer in so cal.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

You guys have some favourite college-football teams? If yes, which one's are yours and why?

Reason is, that I'm probably in the US in November (or if not, my colleagues at work) and I want to bring some "fan-gear" from a college home as a souvenir. And I'm looking for some special traditions or cool entrances, something like that.

I would appreciate if you guys can name a few. 😀

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

You guys have some favourite college-football teams? If yes, which one's are yours and why?

Reason is, that I'm probably in the US in November (or if not, my colleagues at work) and I want to bring some "fan-gear" from a college home as a souvenir. And I'm looking for some special traditions or cool entrances, something like that.

I used to be an Oregon Ducks guy until I moved to Georgia. Both are great brands. 

If you want unique fan gear, see my home state of Wyoming. Best logo in the country. Go Pokes! 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:01 AM, Styrian Raider said:

I always remember my dad having a Vanderbilt University T Shirt for years, yellow with white stripes, he used to wear it all the time…….. apparently a US exchange student came over in the late 70s or early 80s and my mother and father put him up in the house for a week and he left some T Shirts and stuff! I always thought that one was cool 😀

I got a nice Cal Poly Mustangs T shirt and Fresno T shirt when I was in San Francisco a few years ago, they were pretty nice too 👍🏼

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Renovated 95% of our very, very original 1981 home. I am super impressed with it and added so much value.

After a year-ish away from major renos I have that itch to tackle the big unfinished basement. It has concrete walls + floors (no insulation/drywalling yet). Bare wooden rafters. Pretty much open floor plan, but has the utilities hub annoyingly against a wall but in the middle of the area.

Any ideas for making an unfinished basement look nice? We don't have the money or time to do a full renovation, but wouldn't mind spending a bit to spruce it up. I really like the looks of this:

paint-rafters.jpg?1591222193

Painting the floors/walls/rafters. Some new lighting. Curtain off the furnace/boiler, etc.

Any fun ideas/suggestions fellas!?