This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

May agree and disagree with you guys at times but this forum certainly gives me my football talk fix, talking to casual fans in real life who can’t name a draft prospect, and don’t understand basic play fundamentals like Cover 3 etc, is just not fun. 

Watching/talking football is definitely my favorite hobby along with working out and watching MMA (only if the card is good, not watching a card with a bunch of average joes). 

Appreciate all of you who grind this forum year after year and talk football. I’ve been on here since 2005, although not super active until 2012. Basically 10 off-seasons and games of pretty active discussions with you guys. 

Hopefully we can get back to Raider normalcy soon and a commitment to excellence. Maybe I’ve been an A’s fan too long where we play moneyball and don’t care about “names”, but all I care about is winning. I don’t care what players we win with, how we do it (even if it’s a little dirty/questionable), as long as we win, and win consistently. It’s been 20 years since we’ve won consistently. 

Here’s hoping the McDaniels Era leads to 15 years of mostly playoff berths… Raider Fan for life. 

As a Braves fan who roots for the A’s in the AL I’m very excited for Olson to be here. He’s gonna murder some balls in Truist. People in the Chophouse gonna have to be constantly aware when he’s at the plate. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

As a Braves fan who roots for the A’s in the AL I’m very excited for Olson to be here. He’s gonna murder some balls in Truist. People in the Chophouse gonna have to be constantly aware when he’s at the plate. 

Olson is a great power hitter, sad to see him go, but a thing I’ve gotten well use to as an A’s fan. Good luck. 

A’s have had a consistent pattern since about ‘97. Great team for four years, horrible team for three years as they trade away people and get prospects. Entering that three year stretch right now. 

At least one great thing about the A’s is there tremendous farm system. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Olson is a great power hitter, sad to see him go, but a thing I’ve gotten well use to as an A’s fan. Good luck. 

A’s have had a consistent pattern since about ‘97. Great team for four years, horrible team for three years as they trade away people and get prospects. Entering that three year stretch right now. 

At least one great thing about the A’s is there tremendous farm system. 

I loved watching Olson with y’all so I was hyped to get him. Great fielder as well. Braves definitely are built around the long ball. Y’all are gonna love Shea. Kid has potential to be the next great catcher. Was absolutely bummed to lose him. Pache, if you can get his bat up to big league level, is going to be an absolute stud in centerfield. Electric everywhere other than the plate but has serious potential there. I’m excited to see them grow in yalls system and am still super bummed the Sounds aren’t y’all’s farm team anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

One more day till I see if I got the house. Housing market in Cali is so crazy right now. I’m just hoping I don’t get over bid again by these mfs with unlimited cash overpaying for stuff. Would be my first home purchase.

It’s a tough market

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

One more day till I see if I got the house. Housing market in Cali is so crazy right now. I’m just hoping I don’t get over bid again by these mfs with unlimited cash overpaying for stuff. Would be my first home purchase.

Good luck man.  I get my keys tomorrow.  I swooped in when the fear was starting and there was a price drop on the property.  I got locked in at a sub 5% interest rate and was reading that they are now over 6 percent.  They have moved up very quickly. 

If you have extra cash on hand I would find out if you can buy down a point on interest.  I did and my break even point is 2.5 years.  Anything sub 4 years is worth considering.  The only downside is if rates drop significantly and you have to refinance before your breakeven point.  I highly doubt they will fall back below 4 within 2.5 years at the rate we are going.  To me it was worth the risk.  

Owning property in Cali is a privilege and has very limited downside risk.  We are lucky to live in a place that is so highly desirable!

What city are you buying in if you don't mind me asking?   

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 8:24 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Good luck man.  I get my keys tomorrow.  I swooped in when the fear was starting and there was a price drop on the property.  I got locked in at a sub 5% interest rate and was reading that they are now over 6 percent.  They have moved up very quickly. 

If you have extra cash on hand I would find out if you can buy down a point on interest.  I did and my break even point is 2.5 years.  Anything sub 4 years is worth considering.  The only downside is if rates drop significantly and you have to refinance before your breakeven point.  I highly doubt they will fall back below 4 within 2.5 years at the rate we are going.  To me it was worth the risk.  

Owning property in Cali is a privilege and has very limited downside risk.  We are lucky to live in a place that is so highly desirable!

What city are you buying in if you don't mind me asking?   

Congrats yea I’ve been plotting and now I’m ready to make my move. I did the buy down also and got sub 5%. When I get the keys I’ll give you all the details lol. I had to get creative tho cause I’m not overpaying to stay in dirty az Stockton. I found the perfect up n coming city. I close hopefully mid July just gotta pass inspections. The house value already went up 30k in the last month!!!! Stockton is so crazy the old house I rented sold for 170k and 4 yrs later it’s worth 320k and it’s a piece of crap house made in 1910. Market is wild af in Stockton right now. 

• Like 3

On 6/15/2022 at 5:04 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Congrats man. Got mine last summer. It’s a dang bloodbath out there. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Maverick. Unreal how good it was imo.

I wasn't interested in seeing it but the amout of good reviews I've heard from people I know has me rethinking it. 

On 7/5/2022 at 10:37 PM, G said:

I wasn't interested in seeing it but the amout of good reviews I've heard from people I know has me rethinking it. 

I didn't want to like it as much as I did.  I wanted to just call it a cheesy sequal that took too long to be made.  I loved it.  It was so stupid and over the top but I freaking loved it.

• Like 1