(?) Players to Target in Trades Back into the 1st Round

Mind Character

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Only player we need to trade up for is McGlinchey IMO. To me he is the best LT. Nothing better than getting your franchise QB and franchise LT in the same draft. 

God its so weird talking about having to draft a LT

I'm fine giving Shon Coleman a year to make sure 

if Joe trust him to handle the duties I'll trust him for a year and if needed go LT next year this class sucks 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I'm fine giving Shon Coleman a year to make sure 

if Joe trust him to handle the duties I'll trust him for a year and if needed go LT next year this class sucks 

Joe isn’t going to bad mouth one of his teammates. 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Joe isn’t going to bad mouth one of his teammates. 

He didn’t give players talk

he explicitly said Shon Coleman is being groomed to be our LT of the future 

Coleman has consistently said he’s more comfortable at LT

he didn’t look terrible last year 

FO seems to be confident going that direction 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

or that they are going to address it in the draft.

He didnt look terrible last year but he didnt look great at all either.

He might be more comfortable at LT but he had issues handling pass rushers from the right side, its only going to be tougher from the left side. 

I'm actually fine with waiting to draft a LT. Give Shon Coleman a year to see if he can be the guy. If Coleman isn't up to the job, then you use your 1st next year on a LT in (hopefully) a better OT class. I'm not that impressed with any this year, tbh.

59 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

I'm actually fine with waiting to draft a LT. Give Shon Coleman a year to see if he can be the guy. If Coleman isn't up to the job, then you use your 1st next year on a LT in (hopefully) a better OT class. I'm not that impressed with any this year, tbh.

And there's always Rod Johnson.

Oh, but that's Ether!

1 hour ago, MarkPrice25 said:

That's what I've been saying. This year's tackle class isn't very strong to put it nicely. I'd rather address other needs and see how Coleman does at LT. He's one player who the forum seems to be really split on, but I thought he played admirably last season. Not great, but far from bad. Basically I thought he looked solid for a first year starter. Now that he has a year of playing experience, I'd like to see what he can do at LT, which is where I think he was drafted to play eventually anyway. If he struggles, we'll go for a LT next year.

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

That's what I've been saying. This year's tackle class isn't very strong to put it nicely. I'd rather address other needs and see how Coleman does at LT. He's one player who the forum seems to be really split on, but I thought he played admirably last season. Not great, but far from bad. Basically I thought he looked solid for a first year starter. Now that he has a year of playing experience, I'd like to see what he can do at LT, which is where I think he was drafted to play eventually anyway. If he struggles, we'll go for a LT next year.

Agree.

And OT is not the only part of this class that isn't very strong.

At this point in the draft, I would only trade up (if necessary) to play into the strengths of this class; namely, RB and maybe CB.

The more I think about it we've got to trade down

we shouldn't even be in a position to have a pick this good 

we can't have the luxury that is the number 4 pick and only get one player out of it unless we're convinced hes HOF

what a great position we are in I really feel we have to maximize it no one had any idea we'd have a top 4 pick we've got to turn this into as much as possible 

I mean think about it if we miss on a player could even be from injury we'd have nothing to show for it 

I really want to get more than one stud player for this pick 

11 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Give me your takes on them because they are 2 prospects that I go back and forth on in my mind between they would be worth a selection in terms of their upside, but both have deficiencies I'm struggling to get over.

With Davenport, I've watched all but 3 of his games, and his motor doesn't run consistently hot, he plays with no leverage, his hand positioning/technique is elementary, and he doesnt' have a natural feel for setting the edge or being able to see the run with his eyes.

When he's on, he goes all out with reckless abandon and uses the length he has to devastating effects. I don't know if I believe in him as a top 20 prospect, but I guess I'd be okay with taking him at the bottom of the 1st.

Oliver is big and has length, but I see him get beat too often and he really struggles to flip his hips and recover. He also has really bad instincts to identify when the ball is in the air and panics some and gets disoriented easily on deep routes.

When he's on, he's smooth and disrupts routes at the line.

I just can't foresee myself liking Davenport or Oliver over the likes of Da'Ron Payne, Taven Bryan, DJ Moore, or Courtland Sutton...I'm more certain that they will achieve impact player status.

....but I'd love to be convinced.

Given the availability, I'd go Jaire Alexander or Carlton Davis (as long as our staff passes him on the off the field committment issues) instead of Oliver.

One of Oliver's bigger strengths is his ability to track the ball in the air. hes gonna be a starting CB in the NFL.

id take any of the players mentioned in this post, though. Several could be had at 33, IMO.

5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Oliver is big and has length, but I see him get beat too often and he really struggles to flip his hips and recover. He also has really bad instincts to identify when the ball is in the air

5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

One of Oliver's bigger strengths is his ability to track the ball in the air. hes gonna be a starting CB in the NFL.

Ok, which is it.

Or are y'all talking about two different guys that just happen to be named Oliver?

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

Ok, which is it.

Or are y'all talking about two different guys that just happen to be named Oliver?

I didn’t say the first one. That was mind character. And I believe it’s the latter. the Guy is able to high point the ball and get his hand on it quite a bit. He does well at that. Pretty sure he was just putting some plates on a boiler.

I wouldn't trade up for anyone really. Or anyone that's realistic. The guys I'd move up for if they fell into the 20's for some reason?

Vita Vea and Marcus Davenport. Those are two top 10 players that I'd look to move up to acquire, but they'll likely be long gone.

I'd move heaven and earth to get Derwin James on this team. I'd get on the phone with Washington at #13 to see what it'd take to move up there and grab Derwin to pair with Darnold and Barkley. The price would probably be too steep though, considering our CB situation right now needs to be addressed in the first two rounds.

16 hours ago, brownie man said:

If that is the case then I'd look for LT depth in the mid rounds. Love the one you're with... 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived