Eagles sign Mike Wallace to a one-year deal

49erurtaza

16 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Thanks for the comp pick (and the memories), Mike.

The comp pick is based on contract obtained and performance, no?  I can’t imagine he gets you much if anything there in the Torrey Smith role.  

13 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Nope dont like that

Watching them in Baltimore, he is a far more reliable deep threat than Torrey. He might not have quite the athleticism as Torrey at this stage, particularly jump balls that Torrey can be great at when he wants to. But, Wallace also drops the ball less has fewer inexplicably bad plays. Still has separation speed, at a step below his prime. He can definitely be a good complimentary target.

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Performance has no impact.

I didn’t think so either but then we lost a pick last year even though we didn’t sign any big guys 2 years ago and lost 2 big contracts in Malik and Osweiler.  I figured that was the only justification lol. 

16 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

I love it. Half the price of Torrey Smith, more production. Eagles can do anything at pick 32

Yeah.  Seems like basically a cheaper Torrey Smith replacement as a lid lifter.  Should still get the job done.

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The comp pick is based on contract obtained and performance, no?  I can’t imagine he gets you much if anything there in the Torrey Smith role.  

Primarily AAV of the contract.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

As regular visitors of OTC know, this primary factor is known as Average Per Year, or APY. Because this is a common figure used here, it is also quite useful for setting the primary factor in determining compensatory picks. Adam has also determined that playing time seems to be determined by offensive & defensive snaps played, while postseason honors are determined by Pro Bowl appearances.

Archived