Browns sign QB Drew Stanton

zelbell

Yeah lets be happy to sign a QB who sucks to make sure the #1 overall pick in the draft doesn't have to get in the game. Some of y'all are broken in the opposite way that people are usually broken as fans. Keep our greatest asset from getting in a game...count me out on that idea.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah lets be happy to sign a QB who sucks to make sure the #1 overall pick in the draft doesn't have to get in the game. Some of y'all are broken in the opposite way that people are usually broken as fans. Keep our greatest asset from getting in a game...count me out on that idea.

11 years he’s lasted in the NFL. Must be doing something right. 11-6 career starter. Good backup. Don’t be a scrooge.

20 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

More than one way to skin a cat.

Plenty of guys have sat and done just fine.  Not sure what the issues is tbh...

I also don’t think it necessarily precludes the rookie from playing either. I think Hue and Dorsey just want experienced vets around a rookie, which is hard to argue.

29 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Is this guy serious?

39 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

These are both true. Stanton is the vet mentor. That's it, and that's okay.

Yea, he is going to serve in that Josh McCown role that everybody wanted him back for. Stanton is basically a coach for Darnold that dresses on Sundays.

41 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Stanton has played behind

Number 1 overall pick Matthew Stafford

Number 1 overall pick Andrew Luck

Number 1 overall pick Carson Palmer brother of Jordan Palmer

I think this locker room guy is going to be devoted to relating to and guiding Darnold

very happy with this signing definitely I believe the best number 3 QB we could get

There’s something to be said for a guy who knows his role. In each of these situations it was abundantly clear which direction the franchise was headed and what his objective was.

That’s a good thing. 

We need need a guy who is there to help prepare Tyrod to play as well mentor a rookie.  Stanton should do well in that role and had plenty of experience at it.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

This might be my favorite signing 

make for damn sure Darnold doesn’t play and Stanton can focus on the mentoring while Tyrod can focus on starting 

Stanton will be the glue to our QB room

plus he’s been in Arizona with Carson Palmer brother of Jordan Palmer Darnolds’s QB mentor 

this will all seamlessly tie in together 

Gross

Archived