OBJ holding out for new contract

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yeah that means they don’t want to trade him if that’s the case. He’s in a walk year...

Yea, both the owner and GM said as much.  He’ll be tagged if an agreement isn’t reached

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

The Giants do not want to trade him. Getting 2 firsts could potentially be too much to say no to. Trading Odell for less objectively makes the team worse, not better. 

I don’t want him traded under any circumstances. 2 1sts isn’t even enough because your depending on the players you get in return to have his value. It’s never a good idea to trade a player where you know what you’re getting and 2 question marks. Like in the NBA, generally when you trade a star or superstar the team that gets to superstar wins the trade irrespective of what that team have up to get him. 

21 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Agreed. You don’t trade away a top 5 receiver (i have him 2nd personally) ever. If they trade him then they might as well trade Eli as well and take a QB at 2.

Why wouldn’t I trade a top 5 WR? Your acting like it’s QB or pass rusher you know positions that actually matter with the W/L.

They  should take a qb regardless because eli is an old washed up qb at this point 

26 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Why wouldn’t I trade a top 5 WR? Your acting like it’s QB or pass rusher you know positions that actually matter with the W/L.

They  should take a qb regardless because eli is an old washed up qb at this point 

Oh really pass rushers matter? How’s JJ doing? Aaron Donald has won and appeared in a playoff game just the same number of times as Odell. It’s a myth. Problem with you and others is you think it’s basketball where an individual position has impact. How exactly could you prove that Donald is more valuable than Odell? Do you know what matters in the W/L? Team. Units. Not individuals.

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Obj has a top 5 receiver of all time ceiling though. I’m with you on QB, i think that’s what they should take unless they don’t like anyone except the one the Browns take.

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t want him traded under any circumstances. 2 1sts isn’t even enough because your depending on the players you get in return to have his value. It’s never a good idea to trade a player where you know what you’re getting and 2 question marks. Like in the NBA, generally when you trade a star or superstar the team that gets to superstar wins the trade irrespective of what that team have up to get him. 

The NBA is a completely different concept to a purely team sport like football. In a 5-on-5 game of basketball, the team with the best individual player normally wins. Even with all the influence of the QB position, football is much more of a balanced team sport. A "superstar" in the NBA is even more predictive of a team's record that an elite franchise QB in the NFL.

Archived