Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

Cooper isn't as fast as Cooks, c'mon now. Cooper also drops more passes. I won't disagree he does some things better, but at best I think you have a good comparison against the two and it is debatable, even if more people fall on the side of Cooper. I don't think that you can definitively say that Cooper is better. I get if that is your opinion, but I think it's definitely debatable. 

Cooper is pretty freakin fast. he ran a 4.38  and he's like 20 pounds bigger than cooks. Its definitely debateable but i just think there is a reason why 2 teams have passed on committing to Cooks long term. I also doubt the Rams will pay him. They are renting him for a year 

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

Cooper is pretty freakin fast. he ran a 4.38  and he's like 20 pounds bigger than cooks. Its definitely debateable but i just think there is a reason why 2 teams have passed on committing to Cooks long term. I also doubt the Rams will pay him. They are renting him for a year 

No it's not. Cooks is objectively faster both in the 40 and on the field.

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I doubt they can get as high as #2 with two late round picks. 

Yeah, I don't see it. 

I don't think the Pats have some master plan with this deal. They didn't want to pay Cooks and saw an opportunity to get incredible value. 

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

So that’s the going rate for the ~20th best receiver in the league, for those dreaming about trading for a top 3 receiver.

Wait, is someone trying to trade for Julio, AB or Hopkins? ;)

Just now, Elky said:

We're not trading first rounders for a one year rental of OBJ. It's far more likely we move up for a QB or use the picks to reload the team.

I would agree. I think where the Pats are situated right now with regards to their picks is perfect. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see that #23 change hands again with NE moving down. 

Cooks is a baller. His "fit" in the Patriots' offense was questionable going forward, but so has any X/deep threat WR not named Randy Moss in the entire Belichick/McDaniels era. Brady definitely didn't help with his poor deep ball despite what most Patriots fan will tell you. Left Cooks out to dry on so many occasions last season. 

I'm not sure he'd do better with Goff. I just don't trust Goff''s ability to build chemistry with WRs of Cooks'/Watkins' nature. That doesn't mean Cooks doesn't exhibit a top 10 skill set at his position. The guy is a monster at his size...

Really, really interesting to see what the Pats do now. I don't remember them having this much draft capital at the top since the Chandler Jones/Dont'a Hightower draft...

32 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Gronkowski flirting with retirement, and they just lost their left tackle.

So that sounds like a nice move as it could become #23 Kolton Miller and #31 Dallas Goedert. Miller is athletic to replace Solder for the future. BB likes 2 TEs sets so a combo Gronk-Goedert would be great for the passing game and as you said, Gronk flirted with retirement so it probably means "one and done" so having a talented guy like Goedert/Hurst with one year yet in the system could be fine for the future when Gronk will retire.

Archived