Patriots trade WR Brandon Cooks to Rams

49erurtaza

I just dreamed up this three team scenario:

Cleveland gets Odell Beckham

New York Giants get 23 and 31

New England get 4.

Giants get their two firsts for Odell, the Patriots get a cheap trade up into the top 5 and Cleveland gets to pair OBJ with Landry and Gordon to give Darnold some great firepower.

Just now, PFM18 said:

Whenever there's a trade involving Bill Belichick it always feels like he'll win it at some point.

Don't know where, don't know when, but he'll win it.

Like he won when he traded 28 sacks in 2 years Chandler Jones for what turned into Joe Thuney? 

Also this is just speculation and obviously something we can't know until it plays out, but at one point do you have too many big egos in the locker-room?  Cooks, Talib, Peters, Suh, all guys who weren't a part of the team last year and all guys who have had issues at some point in their careers.  You are adding that to a young team with a young head coach.  If the Rams struggle early, what happens?

I don't know.  I'm really skeptical about this team.  I think they will still make the playoffs (although if they missed out, that would be hilarious), but this also seems like the type of team that could just implode out of nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I just dreamed up this three team scenario:

Cleveland gets Odell Beckham

New York Giants get 23 and 31

New England get 4.

Giants get their two firsts for Odell, the Patriots get a cheap trade up into the top 5 and Cleveland gets to pair OBJ with Landry and Gordon to give Darnold some great firepower.

Beckham turns into Mothra, begins to destroy CLE. 

Fights Lebron for control of the city in epic Mega Monster fight. 

Lebron wins and kills OBMothra, leaves city to play for Sixers, Cleveland is decimated.  

Profits. 

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

cooks has had better production.(he also has had two top ten qbs of all time throwing to him)  but in terms of skillset, amari is better. dude is 6'1, just as fast as cooks, runs better routes, bigger, better at YAC

Cooper isn't as fast as Cooks, c'mon now. Cooper also drops more passes. I won't disagree he does some things better, but at best I think you have a good comparison against the two and it is debatable, even if more people fall on the side of Cooper. I don't think that you can definitively say that Cooper is better. I get if that is your opinion, but I think it's definitely debatable. 

14 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Also this is just speculation and obviously something we can't know until it plays out, but at one point do you have too many big egos in the locker-room?  Cooks, Talib, Peters, Suh, all guys who weren't a part of the team last year and all guys who have had issues at some point in their careers.  You are adding that to a young team with a young head coach.  If the Rams struggle early, what happens?

I don't know.  I'm really skeptical about this team.

I'm with you there man. It's a big risk/reward scenario. They could either dominate everyone and with the Super Bowl, or underperform, destroy the locker room and struggle big time.

I wonder how much of this offseason has to do with getting LA fans to start caring about the Rams again.  How many games were sold out at that (college) stadium last year?  I remember when I was there for the Redskins game in Week 2, my friends and I bought tickets for seats in one of the highest sections but were able to move down to like the 10th row b/c no one was there.

Archived